Chinese built 1-ton plus excavators.

/ Chinese built 1-ton plus excavators. #81  
Edit one other comment about the root ripper; The steel is mild and really should be hardened like an axe blade. A file bites into it instead of skating. This means the edges dull quickly when encountering rocks.

Good to know. I love the serrated edge, but I agree, it should be tough or hard steel.

Any wobble to your pin connections?

/ Chinese built 1-ton plus excavators.
Not on the ripper mount to the quick attach even after digging the 3 stumps out. There is a bit of play side to side on the pins that connect the quick attach to the boom but that is a different thing.

/ Chinese built 1-ton plus excavators. #83  
After using it a bit, do you think you would do it all again? I don't have a plasma cutter, would a small drill press work?

/ Chinese built 1-ton plus excavators. #84  
If you want a serrated edge on the original ripper tooth, you could just weld on a strip of plow steel, then cut slots in it with a cutoff wheel on an angle grinder. I love the 1/32" discs that I get online. 1/16", not so much.

When the slots get dulled by rocks, just clean them up periodically for root work.

/ Chinese built 1-ton plus excavators. #85  
Just a quick question if anyone knows. Which direction does the top line on the slew motor actuate on these one ton units? Is it left or right. I've installed a crossover pressure reducing hydraulic valve and have noted that the right swing does not cushion like the left. Without taking guesses as to which valve to adjust, I'm wondering if you folks know which line (upper or lower) actuates the right swing of the slew motor. I'm trying to prevent the slew motor or gear from blowing up with sudden stops. Thanks

/ Chinese built 1-ton plus excavators.
After using it a bit, do you think you would do it all again? I don't have a plasma cutter, would a small drill press work?
The idea and utility of it is good the build of the tooth could be better. I believe it will be a decent addition to the Mini Ex. It likely would be more useful if my soil was not mostly rock.

I don't see why a good 25 mm bi-metal hole saw would not make the holes for mounting pin. Need a decent powered drill press. My error on using the plasma cutter was measuring and marking a 25m hole and than cutting it out without allowing for the additional width from cutting. I did end up with 2 nicely 25 mm cast off slugs.

/ Chinese built 1-ton plus excavators. #87  
Which direction does the top line on the slew motor actuate on these one ton units? Is it left or right.
Does yours look like this?

I can't tell you since I have not installed my crossover RV yet. I suppose you can trace the hoses, but it is not obvious on the main valve stack which is right or left.

Note that the Summit valve comes pre-set really low (1300-1500psi). You might try backing one adjuster down super low, and seeing which direction is affected.

Good you are doing this. How many hours on your machine, and what kind of ring/pinion gear slop do you have?

Attachments

• disti_valve.jpg
    disti_valve.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 23
   / Chinese built 1-ton plus excavators. #88  
Does yours look like this?

I can't tell you since I have not installed my crossover RV yet. I suppose you can trace the hoses, but it is not obvious on the main valve stack which is right or left.

Note that the Summit valve comes pre-set really low (1300-1500psi). You might try backing one adjuster down super low, and seeing which direction is affected.

Good you are doing this. How many hours on your machine, and what kind of ring/pinion gear slop do you have?
Just a quick story about equipment abuse. My neighbor borrowed a NEW JD mini-x. He dug a few holes to bury some things he couldnt get rid of, like a small walk-in freezer and other heavy and awkward things. I saw him swinging the house to slam the side of the bucket to slide heavy objects into the hole. He was using it like a hammer!! I asked him about it, and he didn't see a problem. He is a plumber, and uses mini-x all the time. I was concerned about the wear on the connection points of the bucket, stick, boom. Now I think about the swing-motor and related parts, and I cringe. :oops: I will never loan him anything now.

/ Chinese built 1-ton plus excavators. #89  
He is a plumber, and uses mini-x all the time.
I would guess those are rental or borrowed machines?

I don't lend much of anything out, tho I once did. I would rather not borrow anything, either, as if it broke under my use, I would feel obligated to repair it or pay for repair.

/ Chinese built 1-ton plus excavators. #90  
I would guess those are rental or borrowed machines?

I don't lend much of anything out, tho I once did. I would rather not borrow anything, either, as if it broke under my use, I would feel obligated to repair it or pay for repair.
Agreed There are a few people I would loan to. Almost no circumstances where I would want to borrow something.