Chainsaw Bit Me

/ Chainsaw Bit Me #41  
Woosey saw for greenies..............I see you are in Washington State, explains a lot to me.....:D (Just kidding now, don't take it personally)..............
None taken. You want to see real trees and mountain logging, take a trip out this way to the Olympic Peninsula.

Photos: A tale of the Northwest's logging past - seattlepi.com

I have a couple of gassers and they are getting lonely for most any job around my place. For the lower third of the tree I might pull one out just to give it some air time.

Looks lioke a Stihl that is pregnant to me. I 'like' the radius on the bar too. I bet the pronounced radius is to let the power run longer before the battery dies. Almost looks like a woodcarvers bar and I bet the chain is low pro too.

Nice softwood pine. Gonna buck it up with that saw or go get a putt putt saw? Better have some extra packs if you plan on bucking it. Don't believe that pack will do the deed even though it's softwood.
Not pine... Fir. Different tree genus. They grow much bigger and taller. Take a look at the pics in the link I posted. Pines don't really grow on the western side of the state.

I used two of the four bars on the AP300S battery to fell, completely limb it into manage pieces, and buck up about 2/3rds. Might not have been able to finish it on one battery (but it might have...) anyways I tired out first.

We don't have much hardwood around here unless deliberately planted. Some wild Maple and Madrona sprinkled in but they usually get choked by cedars and firs.

But again, my original reason for posting in this thread is I believe the battery op saws are much safer and easier to use than a gasser, and will do most all of the typical DIY jobs around one's place. They are lighter and don't tire you out as fast especially us older guys! :D

/ Chainsaw Bit Me #42  
As they say only takes moment...Dang glad you came out on the positive side.

/ Chainsaw Bit Me #43  
Everyone I know thinks I am a silly putting on chaps. Might make me look like a girly man...but I have a lot of respect for a chainsaw. One guy nearly died 20 years ago but over 200 stitches later he made it.

There are a lot of macho men, but it is smart to ignore them.

Glad you are OK.

/ Chainsaw Bit Me #44  
None taken. You want to see real trees and mountain logging, take a trip out this way to the Olympic Peninsula.

Photos: A tale of the Northwest's logging past - seattlepi.com

I have a couple of gassers and they are getting lonely for most any job around my place. For the lower third of the tree I might pull one out just to give it some air time.

Not pine... Fir. Different tree genus. They grow much bigger and taller. Take a look at the pics in the link I posted. Pines don't really grow on the western side of the state.

I used two of the four bars on the AP300S battery to fell, completely limb it into manage pieces, and buck up about 2/3rds. Might not have been able to finish it on one battery (but it might have...) anyways I tired out first.

We don't have much hardwood around here unless deliberately planted. Some wild Maple and Madrona sprinkled in but they usually get choked by cedars and firs.

But again, my original reason for posting in this thread is I believe the battery op saws are much safer and easier to use than a gasser, and will do most all of the typical DIY jobs around one's place. They are lighter and don't tire you out as fast especially us older guys! :D

If I was in the market for a new saw (I'm not), I'd consider one myself., but then I like Stihl products anyway. Have a brush trimmer too. It's 30 years old and still runs like new. Hard to beat Stihl stuff.

/ Chainsaw Bit Me #45  
Everyone I know thinks I am a silly putting on chaps. Might make me look like a girly man...but I have a lot of respect for a chainsaw. One guy nearly died 20 years ago but over 200 stitches later he made it.

Glad you are OK.

My left leg looks like 5 miles of bad road as it is....l Don't rub it in....:laughing:

/ Chainsaw Bit Me #46  

Glad you are OK.

Agreed. The "I'm too tough for chaps" crap gets old after a while. Just go ahead and keep putting on your chaps (and hearing and eye protection). I plan on being around to see my kids and my grandkids grow up, and to have full use of all my limbs while doing so. I've never had a chainsaw accident, never even nicked my chaps, but I still wear them. (In fact, I'm going to need to replace my chaps soon: even though they've never been nicked, when they get loaded up with grime and oil, the fibers start to lose their effectiveness. I had a nice demonstration about that by a chainsaw safety instructor several years ago.)

I made a couple of cuts on some small logs a couple of days go without putting my chaps on. It was just for "a couple of quick, easy cuts". Everything went well, but I still felt stupid afterward. There is rarely a good reason to skip using appropriate PPE. As someone mentioned, no one plans to have an accident. I've got a couple of friends who are EMTs/First Responders. They have dozens of stories from people who told them "it was just for a quick easy job", or "I've been doing it this way for 20 years without a problem." They are also surprised how many of their patients don't learn their lesson after the first wake-up call.