Chainsaw Bit Me

/ Chainsaw Bit Me #31  
   / Chainsaw Bit Me #32  
Looks lioke a Stihl that is pregnant to me. I 'like' the radius on the bar too. I bet the pronounced radius is to let the power run longer before the battery dies. Almost looks like a woodcarvers bar and I bet the chain is low pro too.

Nice softwood pine. Gonna buck it up with that saw or go get a putt putt saw? Better have some extra packs if you plan on bucking it. Don't believe that pack will do the deed even though it's softwood.

/ Chainsaw Bit Me
No question my little cut could have been worse. The post was just to be an FYI for Fatigue and Carelessness. NOT to see who's was worse. If you cut you leg off, threw it in the cooler and kept working that's your deal. I've cut 10-15 cord per year for 30 years and then all of the sudden when not paying attention I got a wake up call..

/ Chainsaw Bit Me #34  
You having a particularly bad day there - 5030. You should take a deep breath and mellow out.

/ Chainsaw Bit Me #35  
My biggest reason for not wearing chaps is cutting in hot weather they are just too hot to be comfortable I know they might save a serious injury but I will take that chance

Chaps are a lot cooler than wearing pants when you wear shorts under them.
...or nothing at all; but that’s a ‘home project’ story best not shared here.

/ Chainsaw Bit Me #36  
I feel a whole lot safer using my battery powered Stihl. The little guy is a workhorse and it can still bite, but the chain stops almost instantly when letting go of the trigger. Felled this 70ft Fir yesterday.

View attachment 665030 View attachment 665031 View attachment 665032

Just remember that chaps are less effective when using an electric saw... they have enough torque to go right through the Ballistic Nylon without even slowing.
I've been eyeing those for a couple of years now. It would be a great saw to throw under the back seat of the pickup, instead of having my good gas saw in the back. If there's a tree across the road I can have it gone with the electric saw, in the time that it takes me to warm a gas saw up.

/ Chainsaw Bit Me #37  
   / Chainsaw Bit Me #38  
You having a particularly bad day there - 5030. You should take a deep breath and mellow out.

It seems to happen .....quite often!

/ Chainsaw Bit Me #39  
After seeing pics and videos, I at least engage the chain brake when I'm walking around. The OP got lucky this time. Whew!:eek:
I have tried to get myself into the habit of doing that, as soon as the bar comes out of the log and the engine idles down, the brake goes on unless it's going right back in.
I have no interest in getting sliced by a chainsaw chain.

Aaron Z

/ Chainsaw Bit Me #40  
I have tried to get myself into the habit of doing that, as soon as the bar comes out of the log and the engine idles down, the brake goes on unless it's going right back in.
I have no interest in getting sliced by a chainsaw chain.

Aaron Z

I do the same, but believe they are taught in chainsaw safety classes to set the brake if you're taking more than 2 steps. I would like to take a course, as some of the things I learned are a bit outdated. I never liked to cut trees that were too big to push over, and just recently learned how to do a plunge cut from watching YouTube videos. Back when I took a course chain brakes were just coming out, and there was no such thing as an inertia brake. Rather than a brake the lower budget saws; Homelite, Craftsman, et.al. had a bracket on the tip of the bar preventing the critical kickback region from toughing anything. In my class we were taught not to use it while walking as "It is not a parking brake."
I suspect that was to discourage people from routinely using the brake to stop the chain after a cut.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

2024 FORD F650 CAB & CHASSIS VN:1FDNW6BNXRDF00023 powered by 7.3L V8 gas engine, equipped with 6 (A34907)
2024 FORD F650 CAB...
1079 MX5100 KUBOTA 2 POST 2WD W/LA844 KUBOTA LOADER 14.9X26 267 HOURS (A34733)
1079 MX5100 KUBOTA...
2378 12 MINI EXCAVATOR WILL NOT STAY RUNNING (A34733)
2378 12 MINI...
2014 John Deere 6140M MFWD Tractor (A33113)
2014 John Deere...
KMC No-Till 3-Point Tool Bar with Lift Assist Wheels (A34573)
KMC No-Till...
4965 10 BOLT 10" WHEEL SPACERS (A34733)
4965 10 BOLT 10"...