Chainsaw Bit Me

/ Chainsaw Bit Me #1  

yomax4

Elite Member
Tractor
ISEKI TA 247. Stihl Saws Gravely Zt's Polaris ATV's State Of The Art Welding Equipment
Cut wood in the morning with chaps on. Went to pull my last log with my tractor and it wouldn't quite make the turn around another tree. I was done cutting so I had taken my chaps off. I just needed a quick cut and i'd be on my way. When I went to make the cut I tripped and fell on my saw. The rest is history. Please wear your chaps for every cut.
Chain Saw Cut.jpg.

/ Chainsaw Bit Me #3  
I just needed a quick cut and i'd be on my way.
View attachment 664969.

Those are the ones to watch out for the most. In a hurry and don't take the time to grab the gear, or assess the situation properly. Can't say I haven't had a close call when I was in a hurry to just get er done.
Glad it wasn't any worse for you.

/ Chainsaw Bit Me #4  
Thanks for sharing this, I am glad it wasn't worse. I had a close call a couple of years ago...I always wear the chaps now.

/ Chainsaw Bit Me #5  
That's a nasty wound but it could have been much worse in a matter of milliseconds. Take care!

/ Chainsaw Bit Me #6  
Glad your ok . If your post keeps just one person from getting injured it was well worth it .

/ Chainsaw Bit Me #7  
Cut wood in the morning with chaps on. Went to pull my last log with my tractor and it wouldn't quite make the turn around another tree. I was done cutting so I had taken my chaps off. I just needed a quick cut and i'd be on my way. When I went to make the cut I tripped and fell on my saw. The rest is history. Please wear your chaps for every cut.
View attachment 664969.

Hopefully it heals nicely.
I don't know you or your age but I turned a scary 71 last month. I found when i am working in the woods I trip and fall over the darndest stuff like brush and branches etc.
Last month I was cleaning up half a dozen large wind fallen oaks and tripped and fell twice in a few days. Both times I was just shuffling around and ended up on my side or back, but luckily no saw in my hands.

What I do after that with the saw is make sure the saw is off or at least the chain is not running when climbing through brush or over branches. Luckily I have a very easy starting saw so I can do that. No chaps.

/ Chainsaw Bit Me
Hopefully it heals nicely.
I don't know you or your age but I turned a scary 71 last month. I found when i am working in the woods I trip and fall over the darndest stuff like brush and branches etc.
Last month I was cleaning up half a dozen large wind fallen oaks and tripped and fell twice in a few days. Both times I was just shuffling around and ended up on my side or back, but luckily no saw in my hands.

What I do after that with the saw is make sure the saw is off or at least the chain is not running when climbing through brush or over branches. Luckily I have a very easy starting saw so I can do that. No chaps.

Yep. i'm a little younger but when fatigue starts to set in I stumble around in the brush as well. I got barber chaired last year and i'm no smarter. Maybe this will help.

/ Chainsaw Bit Me #9  
Yep. i'm a little younger but when fatigue starts to set in I stumble around in the brush as well. I got barber chaired last year and i'm no smarter. Maybe this will help.

When my legs start getting rubbery I know it's time to call it a day.

/ Chainsaw Bit Me #10  
After seeing pics and videos, I at least engage the chain brake when I'm walking around. The OP got lucky this time. Whew!:eek: