Chainsaw Bit Me

/ Chainsaw Bit Me #11  
I did one even worse. I had a new blade on a chainsaw and all I did was lower the NOT RUNNING chain saw and it hit my leg tore my pants and I still have the scar.

I'm scared to death of chainsaws. Safety gear or no safety gear

/ Chainsaw Bit Me #12  
I did one even worse. I had a new blade on a chainsaw and all I did was lower the NOT RUNNING chain saw and it hit my leg tore my pants and I still have the scar.

I'm scared to death of chainsaws. Safety gear or no safety gear

My wife did that. She knelt on my chainsaw when it wasn't running and cut her knee.

/ Chainsaw Bit Me #13  
Two years ago I took the chain saw safety course that Husqvarna offered and from the things you are to do when running a chain saw I should not be living or at least I should have been injured quite often. For a while I did not even like running the chain saw or cutting down trees. Things happen real fast . I still do not do a lot of the safety measures you should do but old habits are hard to break ( I'm 77 years old ) and have been very lucky having not been injured over the past 55 plus years of cutting firewood, etc.

/ Chainsaw Bit Me #14  
Two years ago I took the chain saw safety course that Husqvarna offered and from the things you are to do when running a chain saw I should not be living or at least I should have been injured quite often. For a while I did not even like running the chain saw or cutting down trees. Things happen real fast . I still do not do a lot of the safety measures you should do but old habits are hard to break ( I'm 77 years old ) and have been very lucky having not been injured over the past 55 plus years of cutting firewood, etc.

This is how I am before I start mine up

wYyr0f.jpg

/ Chainsaw Bit Me #17  
I just started wearing chaps about 5 years ago. For the bigger, longer sawing sessions putting them on is no problem. I had to reeducate myself to put them on for ALL chainsaw operations, even when it is just a few small cuts. As a friend of my was fond of saying about accidents, "They don't call them on purposes"

Doug in SW IA

/ Chainsaw Bit Me #18  
Yep. i'm a little younger but when fatigue starts to set in I stumble around in the brush as well. I got barber chaired last year and i'm no smarter. Maybe this will help.
I don't know what you mean by "I got barber chaired" but it can't be all bad.

Barber Chaired.jpg

/ Chainsaw Bit Me #20  
Thanks for the PSA. I just bought my first pair of chaps and plan to use them for all future cutting sessions. Safe cutting is no accident.