CC LT1042 electrical update

/ CC LT1042 electrical update #1  

wsx7

Tractor
Cub Cadet LT1050
Last week I posted about my new LT1042 that quit running after fifteen minutes. After it stopped I found a blown fuse, and it started after replacing the fuse, but would quit again when I engaged the PTO. After five days in the shop, the dealer told me the problem was a faulty PTO clutch. The issue became even more frustrating when they told me that CC had the clutch on backorder and didn’t know when they could ship one.

My dealer said they would give me another brand new LT1042, but they would have to order it and it would take about a week to get it and deliver it to me. It had already been eleven days since I parted with my money and still didn’t have a tractor, and I was determined not to wait another week. I guess I’m like a stubborn kid – once you have a taste of something you want it right now. So, I traded up on the spot and went home with a new LT1050 they had in the store.

I know the 50” deck is overkill for my half acre, but hey, I finally have a shiny new CC in the garage. For the first time in my life I’m actually wishing for the grass to grow quicker so I can try it out!

/ CC LT1042 electrical update #2  
Keep an eye on the PTO wiring for your new one! I'd bet that the only problem with the LT1042's PTO was a broken wire. It's good that your dealer wanted to replace the PTO instead of just taping up the wire on a brand-new machine. The PTO wiring can be a problem for pretty much any machine these days. You gotta make sure they don't dangle into harms way, or get pulled too tight.
G/luck
Joel

/ CC LT1042 electrical update
Thanks JTKub for the info. I've already noticed the headlamp wiring laying on top of the engine heat shield, and secured that out of the way. Before I do my first mowing I'll check out the PTO harness as well. Hopefully by paying attention to the tips I've picked up here and keeping an eye on things I can avoid any problems with the new 1050.