Cataracts and other visual concerns!

/ Cataracts and other visual concerns! #73  
Kaiser is a HMO that some say invented the concept way back before WWII and greatly expanded during WWII.

Kaiser needed workers to build Liberty Ships but so did everyone else so Henry Kaiser offered medical if hired.

Today the Kaiser Health Plan lives on and even touted as a model for the nation.

Last edited:
   / Cataracts and other visual concerns! #74  
Kaiser is a HMO that some say invented the concept way back before WWII and greatly expanded during WWII.

Kaiser needed workers to build Liberty Ships but so did everyone else so Henry Kaiser offered medical if hired.

Today the Kaiser Health Plan lives on and even touted as a model for the nation.

My wife was born at that hospital, back in 1953. It was the first Kaiser hospital, and their only hospital for several years. Her medical record number has numerous leading zeros. Still on Kaiser.

I am on Kaiser's Senior advantage, which costs a lot per month, but covers everything but small copays. I may get cataract surgery from them in a few years.

I also found out that Atropine eye drops are used not just to dilate your pupils, but also orally to reduce salivation during hospice care. I never heard about using it for floaters. I will ask my ophthalmologist about that.

/ Cataracts and other visual concerns! #75  
My wife recently had both eyes done, 3 weeks apart. Standard lenses set for distance. Within 2-3 days of the first one done she was thrilled with the sharpness and color of vision in the eye. The second one was even quicker to show great vision. She is thrilled with the results. We picked up a pair of readers at the drug store which also work great for $ 12. Both eyes were no cost with medicare and medigap (G). Her friend paid $ 3200 per eye for some sort of upgrade lenses and she does not have clear vision close or far.

paul

/ Cataracts and other visual concerns! #79  
I'm getting my right eye done in two weeks. The lens went from pretty good to completely occluded except for telling light from dark in only 3 months. Apparently my left eye is too good for lens replacement. I can hardly wait for my new lens. I really miss depth perception.
Eric

/ Cataracts and other visual concerns! #80  
I'm getting my right eye done in two weeks. The lens went from pretty good to completely occluded except for telling light from dark in only 3 months. Apparently my left eye is too good for lens replacement. I can hardly wait for my new lens. I really miss depth perception.
Eric
Do you know why so much change so fast?