Carrying Tools

/ Carrying Tools #1  

chesternator

Silver Member
Tractor
RK37 HC Hydrostatic Cab
Anyone have any great ideas on how to carry a few tools on an RK37 with cab without using the bucket or 3 point? I have a carryall for big stuff but I would like to keep just a few tools handy all the time without relying on the FEL or 3 point.

/ Carrying Tools #2  
Anyone have any great ideas on how to carry a few tools on an RK37 with cab without using the bucket or 3 point? I have a carryall for big stuff but I would like to keep just a few tools handy all the time without relying on the FEL or 3 point.

#332 HOW MUCH DOES THIS REALLY COST? Ultimate Firewood Setup - YouTube

Take a look at this video and look for others on that YouTube channel that feature the Big Tool Rack. We will begin offering it in our brand for $999 this spring. Designed to do as you describe. They can be found now on bigtoolrack.com as well in the Big Tool Rack brand.

/ Carrying Tools
#332 HOW MUCH DOES THIS REALLY COST? Ultimate Firewood Setup - YouTube

Take a look at this video and look for others on that YouTube channel that feature the Big Tool Rack. We will begin offering it in our brand for $999 this spring. Designed to do as you describe. They can be found now on bigtoolrack.com as well in the Big Tool Rack brand.
I have seen this and it is VERY nice but I am looking for something were I wont be without it if say I'm using the backhoe or have the FEL removed. Just some basic small hand tools maybe a flashlight, bandaids, measuring tape, nitrile gloves, shop towels. I will probably have to make something up but wanted to see if others solved it or had ideas.

/ Carrying Tools #5  
I have a carryall for big stuff but I would like to keep just a few tools handy all the time without relying on the FEL or 3 point.

If you mean regular hand tools (wrenches, screwdrivers, fence pliers) and yard tools like pruners, many of us have found ways to mount standard tool boxes. Where and how varies by brand, model and user preference.

/ Carrying Tools
If you mean regular hand tools (wrenches, screwdrivers, fence pliers) and yard tools like pruners, many of us have found ways to mount standard tool boxes. Where and how varies by brand, model and user preference.
Yeah having a cab limits my options. Having trouble coming up with something that doesnt restrict usage of anything. I cant mount anything to the ROPS with the cab. I cant make the cab any taller so I can still fit in the barn. Cant put anything on the front or back that restrict usage of FEL or 3 point/backhoe

/ Carrying Tools #7  
BTR has been pretty universally panned in this thread and all others they've posted:

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/407358-view-ultimate-tractor-attachment-here.html

People seem to thing it's a silly and grossly overpriced gimmick. RK picking this up would not be a wise move for credibility.

Appreciate the advice. We’ll take that under advisement, but take input from the people that actually use them, and our price is going to be a little different than elsewhere, as always.

/ Carrying Tools #8  
Yeah having a cab limits my options. Having trouble coming up with something that doesnt restrict usage of anything. I cant mount anything to the ROPS with the cab. I cant make the cab any taller so I can still fit in the barn. Cant put anything on the front or back that restrict usage of FEL or 3 point/backhoe

Some of the various brand threads have shown toolboxes mounted to the right side step area, even with or just below the step level. Theory is that since we all usually 'mount left', the right step area is less used and won't be obstructed.

Others have mounted on or just above fenders on either side.

Not sure if a Cab model has room in either of those areas though.

/ Carrying Tools
Some of the various brand threads have shown toolboxes mounted to the right side step area, even with or just below the step level. Theory is that since we all usually 'mount left', the right step area is less used and won't be obstructed.

Others have mounted on or just above fenders on either side.

Not sure if a Cab model has room in either of those areas though.
Cab model has almost no fender to speak of. Even if there was room it would get in the way of the door or the back glass. I think that space on the right side where a step would be is the best location to work with. Have to make up something to connect with and work around the Hydro block for the FEL also in that space. Beyond that I'm left with a tool here and a tool there in some small spaces in the cab (a bit of space around 3 sides if the seat between controls, space between my feet and below the steering column) tools dont much like to stay put in those areas though without something to contain them. I had seen where someone mounted an ammo box I believe to the step on the right side (not an RK) but I dont have a step on that side to work with

/ Carrying Tools #10