carry-all for back of tractor

/ carry-all for back of tractor #31  
The forks I bought I got at an auction. They were 3' forks from a forklift that someone had built a 3PH frame around. There are various forks available though from Northern Tool, Rural King, etc.

/ carry-all for back of tractor #32  
I'll tell you, the forks are the way to go. I built my forks (patterned off the Agri-Fab ones) out of rectangular tubing. They're light and mighty versatile for moving stuff around - Then I built a carry-all platform from some big ol pallets, it seemed like the perfect thing for bringing back firewood. Then I had to unload the wood.... so now I use the forks to take pallets to my wood site, have the kids fill the pallet (4 boards sticking up 3' along the sides), bind the load to the pallet and carry it back to the house where I set the whole pallet down with the rest of the palleted wood pile... no more loading and re-stacking! I did find that a 4x4 pallet of split cherry lifts the front end of my 9N if it's over 3' high! (so will the kids, nephews & sister-in-law going for a ride....)

/ carry-all for back of tractor #33  
My carry all dumps loads like a dump bed with the use of a hydraulic top link. Just a thought for you guys

/ carry-all for back of tractor #34  
I cobbled this slip-on 3PH tool carrier in about 20 minutes.
3185007421_4a9870fac1.jpg
Knees got tired of carrying tools in the bucket.
3628773286_0cee4af3f0.jpg
Loved it so much I jury rigged some line to the ROP that allowed it to accommodate long handled tools.

It's just slip on slip off...just adjust the 3ph down limiter wing nut so the tool carrier always angles up and it's good to go.

LESS...is more.

/ carry-all for back of tractor #35  
carry all's are nice.

but 3pt hitch pallet forks can work nicer.

used to just back up into a log or some lumber and off you go

you normally can find some pallets here and there if you call around to ask. so you can cut your lumber up. and place right on another pallet. and just keep filling pallets without ever loading, unloading.

if you have a larger size generator even though it might have wheels can be a pain to drag across the yard, let alone trying to lift it up into back of a pickup truck. when you do need it, when power goes out. place it on a pallet and use a couple straps to fasten it down. and move it with pallet forks.

build a tool holder box on a pallet

having a receiver hitch on the 3pt, that you can place a ball on. to pull a small trailer. for me really helps. more so if i am just using the tractor alone to trim trees. ya FEL is all nice and all to put stuff in. but small trailer behind me. can help me get more stuff on. without it falling out every time i go to stop.

==============
my issues come down to. a point were i have mounted hooks around the tractor so i can toss tools into a 5 gallon bucket, and hang directly on tractor. due to FEL and 3pt hitch are normally being used to carry something else that i need for a project. or project is big enough having second person, to drive a truck while i drive tractor. and just load the truck up with various tools.

if you use 2" to 4" sch 40 PVC pipe with end cap on bottom, and use of some pipe hanger. long handle tools like shovels, and rakes, easily slip in. and hold the tools fairly well. TIP: drill a small hole in end cap to let water to escape out of the pipe.

personally prefer a long bolt i can place hooks of a chain on. and then let rest of the chain rest in a bucket or like. so i do not have to untangle the chain when it comes time to use it.

i have regular straps and chains along with binders for snugging things down on a trailer for hauling things. but tend to be overly long and cumbersome. and will drill descent size holes were ever i can. so i can use bungie cords. though it normally comes down to some wire, either thin electrical fence wire, or bailing wire.

due to bumps and no suspension on a tractor. using an old ammo box. vs a cheap or even expensive tool box will normally vibrate open vs an ammo box. to hold small tools, pins, etc... ya tend to quickly learn, when ya spend half a day picking stuff up, then stopping a few times after that as you eventually see the stuff that fell out of a small tool box that came open.

/ carry-all for back of tractor #36  
Crash.....
I have a MIG welder (which I am not too good with.....)
WHERE do you get the diamond plate for the floor and WHERE do you get the diamond mesh wire that you used for the sides?
Thanks

/ carry-all for back of tractor #39  
Nice Video. Id ike to comment on how it dumps. I assume its all in the top link and how its lower than usual.This make it dump. Where usually the link is at a certain height that makes it raise level.So this is arranged good considering there isnt a hydraulic upper link.
My buddy built the same kind of thing for dumping firewood into his basement hatch. Here's a video of it:

1953 John Deere Model 40 - Homemade TPH Hauler - YouTube

/ carry-all for back of tractor #40  
Built by someone who understands 3 point hitch dynamics. :)

Bruce

He may indeed but it made me nuts to watch him carefully stack it on the carrier. I would need to build this thing a little deeper, put some sides on it and just throw the wood in. He could do 2 loads in the time he used to stack one load. Making the floor deeper and putting sides on would offset the larger amount carried by stacking on the smaller carrier vs. the thrown in wood for the deeper carrier. I dunno perhaps the guy has some ocd and this makes him happier to do it this way just as I would do with my method to stroke my add.