eBay/Craigslist Can you say scam

/ Can you say scam #1  

FELMOW2320

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2650
Found an ad on Craigslist this morning for a BX23 with backhoe,loader and mowing deck.Price $2200 dollars.Just for fun I thought I would answer the ad and this is the reply I recieved.

Sorry for my late reply but i was in hospital and unable to respond. My tractor is in excellent condition and it has 97 hours. The price for the tractor is $2,200, FIRM.
I am the owner of the tractor, my name is on the title. Because of my divorce settlement, i own this tractor and as a woman i don`t need it so i`m trying to get rid of it as soon as possible.
Right now i`m in Omaha, NE (the tractor is here with me) because i got a new job here. I can't conclude this transaction personally because my work involves a lot of traveling, the tractor is already at the shipping company and will be delivered from there very fast. You will receive the tractor in max 2-3 days and you will get the chance to inspect it 10 days, after will be delivered.
The shipping is free from you, so the total price you will have to pay for the tractor is $2,200. If you will not keep the tractor the money will be refunded to you ($2,200.00) and the tractor shipped back on my expenses.
If you're interested to purchase just email me with your full name ,shipping address and your phone number, so I can notify eBay that you are selected as my buyer and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure, such as payment, shipping and insurance.

Thanks,
Karen

P.S. Please do not reply if you don't have the money or If you need a loan.

Model Year: 2005
Make: Kubota
Model: BX23
Engine Cylinders: 3
Engine HP: 23
Fuel: Diesel
Hours: 97
Transmission Type: Hydrostatic
Drive: 4WD
Serial Number: 67167
Including: loader,backhoe & mowing deck

/ Can you say scam #2  
OMG test book... But im sure there are some who would fall for that..I know one person right here I worked with who would sent he money..LOL

/ Can you say scam #3  
yup..its amazing at how many people still fall for this crap.

I wouldnt pay any more that $1,100 for a tractor with that many hours and a backhoe :laughing:

/ Can you say scam #4  
Have seen that scam many times on Craig's list when I was searching for my BX23. As they say, only deal local and face to face. I found my BX23 on Craig's list, but I went to the guy's house and picked it up. If the price sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

/ Can you say scam #5  
Thanks for the input. After considerable research, I found out that she was indeed in the hospital. She was in a mental hospital in Omaha named "Mercy Sakes".The hospital staff mainly treats patients that have Schizophrenia based problems. A more thorough probe revealed that her bill for her stay there was $2200.00. After much deliberation and consideration, I have decided to start a Fund Drive to assist her in paying her outstanding bill. I am asking, no I am pleading and asking all fellow TBN members to contribute to this profound and worthy cause. Every donation, no matter how small, will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.:D :laughing:

/ Can you say scam #6  
Don't know where you are, but a quick search showed the same listing (exactly) with the same price, etc, on Craigslist in Denver and Salt Lake City.

Looks like she gets around. :D

/ Can you say scam #7  
Thanks for the input. After considerable research, I found out that she was indeed in the hospital. She was in a mental hospital in Omaha named "Mercy Sakes".The hospital staff mainly treats patients that have Schizophrenia based problems. A more thorough probe revealed that her bill for her stay there was $2200.00. After much deliberation and consideration, I have decided to start a Fund Drive to assist her in paying her outstanding bill. I am asking, no I am pleading and asking all fellow TBN members to contribute to this profound and worthy cause. Every donation, no matter how small, will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.:D :laughing:

So do we send the money to you or some bank in Somalia? :laughing:

/ Can you say scam #8  
yup.... its amazing on how mant $2,200 tractors, snowmobiles and horse trailers are out there. And the only way the craigslist poster is a woman is if he gets a sex change:laughing:

/ Can you say scam #9  
I'm just 20 miles south of Omaha. I would be happy to go look at this for you. I think some wild goose would be good for Christmas.:licking:

Take Care,
Doug in SW IA

/ Can you say scam #10  
Too bad you can't get an address and fed ex "her" a cow pie or some monopoly money as a payment on the imaginary Kubota.