Can a Mahindra 1626 pull an RV?

/ Can a Mahindra 1626 pull an RV? #21  
Ok, well thanks for sharing. I will file this in my mental repository. I will still do it with my own vehicles but I will exercise caution and think twice before recommending it to others.
Sure. In fairness to the folks that disagree, I didn't find much (other than me) to say this is a bad idea.

If you have dead weight behind, it would take a heck of a pull by something with good traction in front to rack the frame. Sadly, that is not true if you are willing to get a little slack and jerk with the front machine. It helps if you tie the recovery hooks together and pull from the center.

All that said, I doubt the OP will be able to cause much pain without a big running start.........:)

Best,

ed

/ Can a Mahindra 1626 pull an RV? #22  
Sadly, that is not true if you are willing to get a little slack and jerk with the front machine.
Yeah, all bets are off when you start jerking. When I see people start jerking I stay tuned for the impending carnage. If you can't get it out with a steady pull, you need to go back to the drawing board and come up with a new plan. I mean, it can work, but it represents the "Vantasner Danger Meridian" (made up term from the show Patriot, definition).
All that said, I doubt the OP will be able to cause much pain without a big running start.........:)

Best,

ed
Yeah, agreed.

/ Can a Mahindra 1626 pull an RV? #24  
If my Honda Foreman 400 can pull a fully loaded hay wagon (150 small square bales), I don't see an issue. Stopping abruptly may be an issue however.

/ Can a Mahindra 1626 pull an RV? #25  
I'm going to start off with yep I did a dumb thing and now I may need my tractor to get me out of a jam. So I was moving my RV around with my truck (2015 GMC Sierra) in my yard to get it to its new resting home and out of the low spot. It had rained several days earlier but I believed the ground was dry enough to move it to the new spot up a slight incline without issue. Well, it made it about 3/4 of the way before it started spinning the truck tires, not AT tires, in the grass and dirt. I did not bury the truck or anything crazy but did get things a little out of line with the back end of the truck trying to slide around. I decided to stop and wait a few more days before attempting to move the RV again and left the truck and RV connected. I am now debating if I should try again with the truck or if should I get the Mahindra 1626 out and connect it to the RV and move it the last 100 feet up an incline. Or do I need to phone a friend and connect the tractor to the truck? So my questions are:

1. Can the Mahindra 1626 pull an RV safely?
2. Is there a risk of too much weight on the back of the tractor causing it to go ass-over-tea-kettle?
3. Can the standard steel bar for connecting a ball hitch support the load? (The one Mahindra hides under the seat.)
4. Are there other concerns I haven't thought of yet?
5. Other ideas or suggestions?

Camper Details
Dry Weight: 6,427 lbs.
GVWR: 7,740 lbs.
Hitch Weight: 740 lbs.

**Update I don't have a 3-point ball hitch. I just have a short drawbar that came with the tractor**
In a word, no, safe is not happening.
The tractor won't be able to stop it on an incline.
Personally, I'd leave the truck connected, and assist it with the tractor. You can get away with it on level ground, but on an incline, you would be amazed how fast that can turn south.

/ Can a Mahindra 1626 pull an RV? #27  
You don't say (or I missed it) where the RV was a 5th wheel or not. Pulling a bogged down 5th wheel is putting undue stress on the gooseneck frame in the trailer.

/ Can a Mahindra 1626 pull an RV? #28  
If my Honda Foreman 400 can pull a fully loaded hay wagon (150 small square bales), I don't see an issue. Stopping abruptly may be an issue however.
It's been decades since I tossed around many hay bales, but assuming this is typical 2 string square bale, they probably weigh around 50 lbs each? 150 bales x 50lbs = 7500 lbs.

Maybe a Honda Foreman can actually move that much, but they were rated for something like 8 or 900 lbs towing. When you include the weight of the trailer, you are probably at 10 times the tow rating. It would not have even crossed my mind to abuse that machine that much. How did it hold up?

/ Can a Mahindra 1626 pull an RV? #29  
It's been decades since I tossed around many hay bales, but assuming this is typical 2 string square bale, they probably weigh around 50 lbs each? 150 bales x 50lbs = 7500 lbs.

Maybe a Honda Foreman can actually move that much, but they were rated for something like 8 or 900 lbs towing. When you include the weight of the trailer, you are probably at 10 times the tow rating. It would not have even crossed my mind to abuse that machine that much. How did it hold up?
Just fine actually. remember the Foreman 400 has a semi automatic gearbox with no clutch so no slipping it to get going. Stopping is was another issue however and the hay racks I used to pull were converted forage tandem axle wagons.

I took my time and didn't abuse it either. No longer own it, sold it to a friend and it's happily hauling him around today. Of course I was overload, grossly but I don't get stupid either.

Heck, I've pulled down the country road my tandem axle Kauffman gooseneck loaded with 30 4x5 tight packed and netted rounds with my M9, with a 2 1/2" ball mounted on top my rear hay spear, more than once. No big deal but then again, I don't get stupid either. 30 1200 pound rounds puts way in the excess of the GCW of that goose neck which is 14 on the deck. 36 on the deck or over 2 times the advertised cargo weight. Of course the Kauffman is strapped and the axles are gusseted as well. It bellied a bit but didn't hurt it.

The M9 blew a little smoke getting going as well.

Being a farmer, I do what I have to do but with some common sense.

/ Can a Mahindra 1626 pull an RV? #30  
The issue I see is the hill. Flat is no problem. All hills are different so I think it would be giving advice without all the details like the degree of the incline. I think I would make sure the trailer is strapped to two different trees in case something goes wrong.