Bx25D Tie Down Attach Points For Trailering?

/ Bx25D Tie Down Attach Points For Trailering? #21  
I chain my BX25 down front and back, and put the stabilizers down. However, I have to load the tractor backeards so the stabilizers clear the wheel wells. Any problem with this?

/ Bx25D Tie Down Attach Points For Trailering? #22  
I chain my BX25 down front and back, and put the stabilizers down. However, I have to load the tractor backeards so the stabilizers clear the wheel wells. Any problem with this?
Sounds fine to me. Frontwards or backwards shouldn't have any affect. I wouldn't lift any with stabilizers since they will leak down and get slack in chains/straps if you had them doing any lift. Maybe strap/chain first then put them down but still no pressure on them.:2cents:

/ Bx25D Tie Down Attach Points For Trailering? #23  
My preference is to use chains in the rear (because they are stronger) and straps in the front. My logic is because you are much more likely to hit something and the load will want to move forward vs. a jack rabbit start putting minimal stress on the straps

What is the load rating on that chain?

It doesn't look like transport grade.

You could also be stopped for no strap on the bucket.

/ Bx25D Tie Down Attach Points For Trailering? #24  
Sounds fine to me. Frontwards or backwards shouldn't have any affect. I wouldn't lift any with stabilizers since they will leak down and get slack in chains/straps if you had them doing any lift. Maybe strap/chain first then put them down but still no pressure on them.:2cents:

Don't worry, I put NO pressure on the stabilizers. They are just touching the trailer deck in order to "widen" the footprint of the tractor.

/ Bx25D Tie Down Attach Points For Trailering? #25  
:thumbsup:
Don't worry, I put NO pressure on the stabilizers. They are just touching the trailer deck in order to "widen" the footprint of the tractor.

:thumbsup:

/ Bx25D Tie Down Attach Points For Trailering?
I posted this in another thread after I originated this thread. Found these pics online. These tie downs were previously made by Jari and Ai2, but the companies are either no longer in business or no longer sell them. I spoke with Middleton Equipment Sales who used to distribute them, and Middleton states that they are going to start producing them soon. I'm in for the first set. LOL

WD5jEh.jpg

8xj3sd.jpg

yULMtk.jpg

S2gDm8.jpg

/ Bx25D Tie Down Attach Points For Trailering? #27  
What is the load rating on that chain?

It doesn't look like transport grade.

You could also be stopped for no strap on the bucket.

And no chain or strap on the backhoe. All implements must be secured to the trailer.

/ Bx25D Tie Down Attach Points For Trailering? #28  
The chain is rated for 5400 lbs

The backhoe has a pin dropped in at the main pivot so it cannot drop

Because each strap / chain is "separate", there is redundancy. I always use 4 tie downs (min) when moving heavy equipment at work for much larger pieces of equipment and have never had any issue at weigh or inspection stations

Not sure what "it is not being held down" means (the chains and straps are both pulling the machine down). As I mentioned before, by far the highest and most frequent loads on the tie downs is the equipment moving forward during heavy braking

The rear chain hooks are welded on but you could also go to the "hitch mount" on the back of the tractor in front of the BH

/ Bx25D Tie Down Attach Points For Trailering? #29  
image.jpg

WD5jEh.jpg

The tie down points are a great idea, but those straps in the picture of the BX on the trailer has the straps pulling sideways more than front to back. See the image of the lifting slings that shows how forces get multiplied when you pull "sideways"

/ Bx25D Tie Down Attach Points For Trailering?
Agreed, I'm hopeful to find those bolt-on tie downs and would prefer the see the rear tie down attachment points at the back of the trailer with the straps crossed if possible.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

New DeWalt 18-Volt 1/4" Impact Driver Kit (A33349)
New DeWalt 18-Volt...
2007 Chevrolet Silverado (A33526)
2007 Chevrolet...
2014 Gooseneck Hay Trailer (A33041)
2014 Gooseneck Hay...
8 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
8 Yard steel end...
2001 Dodge Ram Pickup Pickup Truck, VIN # 3b7kf236x1g188560 (A32908)
2001 Dodge Ram...
1999 John Deere 6210 Tractor (A33041)
1999 John Deere...