Bx or B

/ Bx or B #61  
well i wanted to report back. i went with the bx over the b. At the end of the day, with this being the first tractor I've owned and the wife refusing to sit on anything besides the bx I figured it was my safest choice. With the comments here, it looked like the B might not even suffice. Ive had it now for a good month and have about 10 hours on it, mostly mowing down the teasel on the 8 acres. I must say it hasnt disappointed. Now when I need to move some dirt later this year I may be disappointed with the bucket size but I knew that when I bought it. I appreciate all the replies.

Congrats on the new tractor! I'm sure you'll be very happy with the BX!

Mike

/ Bx or B #62  
Congratulations on you purchase. When shopping for a tractor for the hunting camp, we ended up with a BX. Wanted to get bigger, but bigger in the woods is not always better.

The BX has not disappointed.
Digs plenty of dirt with a tooth bar on the bucket. For hauling dirt or shale any distance I use a 4x8 old utility trailer and modified a HF cargo unloader for ease of unloading.

2000 lb. Capacity Truck Bed Cargo Unloader

Ground clearance has never been an issue. Have the loader on the front, box blade on the back. Any thing in the way gets pushed. Tie rod boots may rip, but the after market boots solve the prone to tear BX boots

A bigger machine will get things done faster, but I am in no rush.

Sounds like you got a tractor that suits your needs. Just remember, no front brakes unless you are in 4wd.

/ Bx or B #63  
BX is an amazing little machine. The older I get the more I want one. If it had 3 range HST I would already have it. In the mountains High is worthless if no turbo. So it would be Low everywhere....ugh

/ Bx or B #64  
I live in the Midwest and I can count on one hand how many times I’ve run in High when not on the road. No, I’m not a fifteen fingered alien.

/ Bx or B #65  
I have had a Bx2660 for ten years, for my 40 acres. In a perfect world and unlimited budget I would of went bigger, but it has handled all and more than expected. Best add on was a tooth bar for bucket and second best add on was 2 inch aluminum rear wheek spacers. Now it is stable on hills too. I have moved and spread many many dump truck loads of gravel and topsoil and have a 60 in rear finish mower for summer grass cutting and 52 in snowblower for winter. And 48 inch brush hog for field work. All handles no problem. Use your saved money for attachments that your property needs and you will be very happy with your Bx for many years, and your wife will be happy too.

Attachments

• 20171125_113910.jpg
    20171125_113910.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 108
   / Bx or B #66  
BX is an amazing little machine. The older I get the more I want one. If it had 3 range HST I would already have it. In the mountains High is worthless if no turbo. So it would be Low everywhere....ugh

I was going to say that I’m at 6620’ and run in high all the time. Then I realize you are a couple hours north of me at 8,000’+. That’s definitely a big difference. Hope you’re ready for the snow. Looks like your area might get the worst of it. Good luck!

/ Bx or B #67  
I was going to say that I’m at 6620’ and run in high all the time. Then I realize you are a couple hours north of me at 8,000’+. That’s definitely a big difference. Hope you’re ready for the snow. Looks like your area might get the worst of it. Good luck!
Thanks! Yes we are expecting a few feet! Time for some plowing ;).

/ Bx or B
Would anyone recommend a pine rake or landscape rake for getting all the brush (mostly teasel) i mowed down into a pile? I think the pine rake would work better but the landscape with wheels might suffice.