Bx or B

/ Bx or B #51  
This has been discussed on TBN before but with Kubota it does not seem to make any difference whether you pay cash or take the 0%. The tractor is the same price.

I tried paying cash I August 2019. The dealer said it made no difference to him and the price was the same, so I am using Kubotas money for five years.

Some times Kubota will have a "Cash rebate" for paying cash. Always ask to know how much the financing is really costing but some times there is no rebate and the 0% is 0% which is a no brainer to take. I almost always take the financing because it is almost always the better deal even when a "Cash rebate" is offered because I usually don't have $15,000 to $40,000 cash on hand and still owe some on my home at 3.75% so any "extra" cash would/could go to paying that off. I pay no other finance charges. If a machine is $20,000 and has a $700 cash rebate, do your math of the actual interest rate being charged for 60 months. It's almost nothing. Kubota owns almost all new Kubotas on a dealers lot and the dealer gets his "share" when the machine is sold and the dealer gets the same money whether cash or charge so the ole "How much for cash" question is for flea market and yard sale buying, not for a Kubota Franchised Dealer.

/ Bx or B #52  
You make a good case to finance your tractor for 0 if you have other debt. Obviously one must also factor in the required insurance you mush buy in order to get the free financing.
I have no idea how much Kubota charges to insure tractors, does anyone know what it will cost per year for say 5 years on an L 2501?

/ Bx or B #53  
You make a good case to finance your tractor for 0 if you have other debt. Obviously one must also factor in the required insurance you mush buy in order to get the free financing.
I have no idea how much Kubota charges to insure tractors, does anyone know what it will cost per year for say 5 years on an L 2501?

You don’t have to have Kubota insurance to use Kubota financing. You just have to prove coverage on the tractor. I will keep insurance on my tractor even after it is paid off. I had insurance on my last tractor and paid cash for it.

/ Bx or B #54  
My homeowners insurance covers Kubotas I keep on my property and I use kubota financing. I purchase the KTAC insurance on my RTVs that I take off my home property. I had a RTV500 and someway knocked the inlet on the bottom off the radiator which had to be replaced. I paid the deductible and KTAC paid the balance soooo was glad to have the KTAC insurance on that machine last year. I have put some dents in some of my tractors and never filed a claim with my homeowners due to the minor damage and potential increase in homeowners and deductibles. Same with my pick up truck. I want/get insurance to cover possible major losses. Have big deductibles also on home insurance.
Kubota financing has always accepted a fax from homeowners that I have insurance coverage on the machine I'm buying/financing.

/ Bx or B #55  
Look at an lx 3310. Just because your dealer doesn't have it insock doesn't mean he cant get one from another dealer. When i ordered my l series last fall the 6 closest dealers didn't have 1 instock. My dealer sent his driver to get one on the east coast somewhere. It didn't cost me a dime more either since when i ordered it he told me he had some coming in in about a month but 4 days later it was in my barn

/ Bx or B #56  
I have had a Kubota BX25D for 5 years now. I wish it was more powerful - so I guess I could say I would go with the B series ... but having said that - once I was sitting in a B series, would I then want something bigger again? What is the perfect machine?

/ Bx or B #57  
I have had a Kubota BX25D for 5 years now. I wish it was more powerful - so I guess I could say I would go with the B series ... but having said that - once I was sitting in a B series, would I then want something bigger again? What is the perfect machine?

I hear ya! I think I made a good if not perfect choice for my situation = B2601. But find myself very interested in the LXs. A wandering eye kinda goes with the territory. But I hope and think I'll soon get lost in my new baby.

/ Bx or B #58  

I've had a BX for five years too and just bought an MX6000 a couple of weeks ago which makes for an excellent if not perfect pair. The BX is set up with a front snow blower/rear blade in the winter months to handle snow on 9,000 sq.ft of asphalt. For the rest of the year it's set up with a MMM, front loader bucket/grapple and backhoe (when needed). In the winter months the MX will handle snow on 450 yards of gravel driveway with a front snow blade and rear blade, and for the rest of the year will be set up with the front loader bucket/grapple and rear blade for more serious work.

Some have stated that the BX is no more than a fancy lawnmower but I've dug a 30 ft long by 3 ft deep trench from the house to the garage to run line for a 220V panel (job quoted at over $3K); moved tons of rocks and dirt in preparation for a new asphalt driveway and parking areas; used the grapple to unload numerous huge logs from a trailer and held the logs up at a comfortable height while I cut off 16" lengths; demolished an old camper with the grapple to get to a rolling chassis for a trailer build; graded dirt and gravel driveways; pulled out t-posts; mowed hundreds of acres of my 20 acre property; moved tens of thousands of pounds of snow; and probably a lot more. Oh yeah, a couple of years ago a coworker asked me if I'd be able to cut down and haul out a 15 ft tall by 48" diameter maple "trunk" that was standing in his back yard. He'd hired a contractor to remove the entire tree but supposedly that individual had left the trunk standing and wasn't responding to calls. I was able to get the BX into the back yard and use the grapple to pick up the huge 16" thick slabs and place them in my dump trailer parked in his driveway. The MX wouldn't have fit through the gate to the yard or made it under a low branch. Yep, I'm keeping the BX even if it is just a "fancy lawnmower". :laughing:

mx6000_bx25dlb_01.jpg

Attachments

• mx6000_bx25dlb_01.jpg
    mx6000_bx25dlb_01.jpg
    1,017.4 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
   / Bx or B
well i wanted to report back. i went with the bx over the b. At the end of the day, with this being the first tractor I've owned and the wife refusing to sit on anything besides the bx I figured it was my safest choice. With the comments here, it looked like the B might not even suffice. Ive had it now for a good month and have about 10 hours on it, mostly mowing down the teasel on the 8 acres. I must say it hasnt disappointed. Now when I need to move some dirt later this year I may be disappointed with the bucket size but I knew that when I bought it. I appreciate all the replies.

/ Bx or B #60  
Congrats on the new investment. (y)
If you think front loader to small for dirt work just remember it's better than shovel and wheel barrow. ;)