Backhoe Bx-24 worked its butt off today

/ Bx-24 worked its butt off today #1  

Kubotamanjh

Tractor
Kubota bx 24
This is the biggest stump I have ever had to dig up. It's a yellow poplar probably over a hundred years old. Took about 6 hours total Time to dig remove and backfill. I am always amazed with what this little tractor can do with a little time and patience! I had several people say there was no way I was gonna get it out. This was the biggest challenge the tractor has had in its 420 hrs of life but I'm sure it won't be it's last! :)

Attachments

• image-1669337956.png
    image-1669337956.png
    943.3 KB · Views: 415
  • image-589791.jpg
    image-589791.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 444
  • image-1249281421.png
    image-1249281421.png
    901.2 KB · Views: 425
  • image-1123869837.png
    image-1123869837.png
    981.8 KB · Views: 414
   / Bx-24 worked its butt off today #2  
Wow! As impressed as I've been with how much these little things will work, I don't think I'd have believed it would be up to taking on that stump either. Guess I know better now! :thumbsup:

How did you get the stump up out of the hole after you had it dug free??

/ Bx-24 worked its butt off today #3  
Awesome!!! Nice job!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ Bx-24 worked its butt off today #4  
This makes me smile because I often read advisors here on "our" cherished tractor forum so often recommending "get bigger". No real reasons other than "bigger is better".:)
I've had the smallest, BX1500 to an L model and many of the ones between. I currently have a BX25 for my "tractor" work. It is a power house with incredible work ability.
I do agree and know that size can shorten the work time and there are some projects that are to big for any size piece of equipment. Often times that once a year or two big project doesn't justify a bigger machine for most of us. I currently have a "big" bolder" my BX25 won't get out or maybe it would in many hours but I'm going to try and live around the rock or catch someone on a dedicated big BH to get it out for me.
See, I don't trade tractors on a whim or not as often as before.:laughing:
I do know that the biggest limitation to the BXs is ground clearance and that, to me, is one of the biggest justifications for the BX to B step.
Big stump, great job!:thumbsup: You have much more patience than me.:) I probably would have visited Barlows for a trade on that job.:licking:

/ Bx-24 worked its butt off today #5  
Nice work! I envy your nice soil, if i tried that at my place i would have likely hit many basketball sized rocks and at least one car sized boulder! That bx is earning its keep.

/ Bx-24 worked its butt off today #6  
nice!! :thumbsup: nothing like a good hard days work with BX doing most of it! :D

/ Bx-24 worked its butt off today #7  
Nice job.
Your project reminded me of my first big project with my new tractor-- a BX23. I had to also remove a big stump. That too was a battle.

Attachments

• Kubota BX23 & Oak Stump.jpg
    Kubota BX23 & Oak Stump.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 315
   / Bx-24 worked its butt off today #8  
I am always please what my BX23 with over 1300 hrs does for me that has saved my back so much pain..

John Thomas what me and my bx done with my big bolders just to big to pull out is I dig a hole beside it bigger and deeper until it fall in.... I know I know a lot of time but hey it worked and filled it and saved the extra dirt for fill in for trees stumps removed.

/ Bx-24 worked its butt off today #9  
I am always impressed at the capabilities of the BX tractors and removing stumps. I too have used a BX24 to remove some stumps and it did a great job at it. :thumbsup:

/ Bx-24 worked its butt off today #10  
After my post this morning a Concrete Contractor/Worker showed up to give me a bid on a Concrete frame, pour and finish job for my new 16'x26' garage floor and drive way that will go on the upper side of my 24'x26' two story garage. It's to the right of my Avatar picture showing 4 of my 5 Kubotas on the left side here. I've already done the digging and spreading gravel for the pour.
He measured and gave me a price. He kept eyeing my BX25 sitting on the gravel drive. He finally said "Steve Barlow had been trying to sell him a B21 and he guessed he'd go buy it". He was so impressed with what the BX25 had done that he made his final decision to go ahead and buy the B21 now. He has a M and maybe an L tractor already for bigger jobs. He also told me he had bought a used L Kubota before and the motor locked up on him in the middle of the road on a job. He called Steve to come get it and get it out of the middle of the road. Steve came on out and hauled it in. Had to rebuild the motor completely but......he said Steve told him he thought there had been a recall on that model for pistons swelling faster than the block walls when it heated up and froze up the engine. Steve found the recall and John (Concrete man) said it was totally rebuilt and didn't cost him a penny. Guess he trusts and has confidence in Barlows to for a good reason.
There are good, honest and decent dealers just like there are good, honest and appreciative buyers out there.:thumbsup: