Buying Advice on Hydraulic links

/ Buying Advice on Hydraulic links #81  
Had a "hydraulic guy" once tell me if the cylinder extends too fast it will draw air from the "tank" line and cause this. His recommendation was restrictor washers to slow the cylinder movement.

I believe this will work. But it will severely restrict the cylinder speed. That might, or might not, be a problem dependent on what you are trying to accomplish.

/ Buying Advice on Hydraulic links #82  
Had a "hydraulic guy" once tell me if the cylinder extends too fast it will draw air from the "tank" line and cause this. His recommendation was restrictor washers to slow the cylinder movement.

I believe this will work. But it will severely restrict the cylinder speed. That might, or might not, be a problem dependent on what you are trying to accomplish.
Reading here on TBN it seems this cylinder will benefit from a .031” restrictor. The cylinder moves awfully fast as it is, making fine adjustments difficult.

/ Buying Advice on Hydraulic links #83  
Interesting. I’ve read where people have removed the check valve, and the chatter went away… I’ll email the supplier.
Sounds like the restriction was on the supply line… further limiting the amount of fluid available… causing cavitation…

Hydraulics can be rather picky… choose wisely, Grasshopper…

/ Buying Advice on Hydraulic links #84  
I ordered my top link from agrisupplyusa and my side link is a Kubota unit. I've been happy with both for several years now. Be careful when using your cylinders, as mine allowed my ripper shanks to contact my tire and tear a lug. The tilt function will also cause wallowing of the holes in your lower arm stabilizers.

I only use my sidelink with my boxblade. I use my toplink all the time.

I saved quite a bit by buying my remotes from messicks and installing them myself.

/ Buying Advice on Hydraulic links #85  
I agree with Mechanical Guy, got mine from Agrisupply. I order the toplink to match the length of my manual toplink. It cost around $250 for cylinder and hoses. The best small purchase I've ever made.

/ Buying Advice on Hydraulic links #86  
New .03125” restrictors installed. It’s night and day. It is so smooth and controllable now. Full deflection on the remote lever and it takes about 10 seconds now to fully extend! Definitely a must have.
9614D5FC-5EE6-4A67-8FA3-3211869D54D4.jpeg
811B74E8-35AB-4F63-B735-5EF14A7F57EB.jpeg
811B74E8-35AB-4F63-B735-5EF14A7F57EB.jpeg

/ Buying Advice on Hydraulic links #87  
I use my TnT a LOT. I like it fast. 10 seconds for a one way move would be much too slow for me.

Hope it suits your needs perfectly!!!!

/ Buying Advice on Hydraulic links #88  
I use my TnT a LOT. I like it fast. 10 seconds for a one way move would be much too slow for me.

Hope it suits your needs perfectly!!!!
Well, I don’t adjust it often, and when it does need it, it’s only a few inches either way. Without them, the cylinder moved much too fast for precise adjustment. And it got rid of the annoying chatter on extension.

/ Buying Advice on Hydraulic links #89  
Any chance you could toss out a link to the restrictors you purchased?

/ Buying Advice on Hydraulic links #90  
I can yes. Keep in mind they are BSP threads and I ordered them from England. The top link was made in Italy