Buying Advice on Hydraulic links

/ Buying Advice on Hydraulic links #71  
Oh sorry I did the upgrade for those too no real work purchased the them at the dealer and installed just plug and go best thing I did for grading driveways and trails yes trails top link helps adjusting everything I attach to the tractor there are times I wisd I had a 3rd hydraulic rear valve cutting grass for hay example have to unplug one to use disc cutter

/ Buying Advice on Hydraulic links #72  
I had the same issue… I was told it’s because the weight of the BB was pulling hydraulic fluid through the top link faster than the hydraulic system could deliver it… causing cavitation (or something to that effect)…

Lower your implement to the ground and work your top link… if i operates smoothly this way you have the same issue I had…

The solution I was directed to was to install a restrictor in the hydraulic return line…

worked for me…
I have read that the check valve installed on the cylinder will cause this. If removed, they operate smoothly, otherwise they will chatter due to the weight of the implement and how that affects the check valve operation

/ Buying Advice on Hydraulic links
Oh sorry I did the upgrade for those too no real work purchased the them at the dealer and installed just plug and go best thing I did for grading driveways and trails yes trails top link helps adjusting everything I attach to the tractor there are times I wisd I had a 3rd hydraulic rear valve cutting grass for hay example have to unplug one to use disc cutter
No worries. I just wanted any future readers to be less confused.

Most of my property is trees, so hay will never be on my radar. I think I can live with unhooking the side link when I need it.

/ Buying Advice on Hydraulic links #74  
I suppose these are technically parts, but they attach to the tractor, so apologies if this is poorly placed.

I am about to pull the trigger on a T494H (maybe a 4820H or T574H). I want to get a hydraulic top and side link. My primary use will be box blade work on driveway (200-300 ft) and paths. I have some questions for those who have been down this road before me.

1) Have dealer install it or aftermarket?
2) Options/features to look for?
3) Min-Max lengths?
4) Manufacturers with good reputation?

Installation seems pretty straightforward, but somethings are better in experts' hands.
I think you could do this yourself and probably save some money. I just installed a HTT on my NH Boomer 45 and I think the entire job took 15 minutes. I made a brief video showing it and where I got it. GL !

/ Buying Advice on Hydraulic links #75  
I suppose these are technically parts, but they attach to the tractor, so apologies if this is poorly placed.

I am about to pull the trigger on a T494H (maybe a 4820H or T574H). I want to get a hydraulic top and side link. My primary use will be box blade work on driveway (200-300 ft) and paths. I have some questions for those who have been down this road before me.

1) Have dealer install it or aftermarket?
2) Options/features to look for?
3) Min-Max lengths?
4) Manufacturers with good reputation?

Installation seems pretty straightforward, but somethings are better in experts' hands.
Not sure why this is such a big deal. Years ago I found an old hydraulic cylinder, got some ends at the local farm store and had a local welding shop weld it up. I have used that top link through 3 tractors from 35 hp to 70 hp. Just using the remotes available. I use it as my only toplink and it makes any hookup easier, levels bushogs and grader blades, adjusts the bite of my boxblade, and before I had a loader made the use of a boom-pole really practical. I guess I could do a side link, but not sure how or why I would use it.

/ Buying Advice on Hydraulic links #76  
Have the check valve on my top link, and never once had it chatter or shift out of position due to load. I couldn't be without my hyd. top link.

/ Buying Advice on Hydraulic links #77  
Have the check valve on my top link, and never once had it chatter or shift out of position due to load. I couldn't be without my hyd. top link.
Interesting. I’ve read where people have removed the check valve, and the chatter went away… I’ll email the supplier.

/ Buying Advice on Hydraulic links #78  
Same here.
I've had top and tilt cylinders with check valves on my tractor for 22 years.
Never had chatter, and they stay where I put them (no drifting off)

/ Buying Advice on Hydraulic links #79  
Same here.
I've had top and tilt cylinders with check valves on my tractor for 22 years.
Never had chatter, and they stay where I put them (no drifting off)
Maybe air? It only does it with a load.

/ Buying Advice on Hydraulic links #80  
Looks like some folks need to install a flow restrictor on the cylinder to adjust flow. This has an impact on cylinder speed (mine moves much too fast)… and removes the chatter. Agristore actually sells them for this very purpose.