Price Check Buying a DS4110

/ Buying a DS4110 #1  

Hawghauler

Silver Member
Tractor
none at the momement
Hello from Idaho. I have a small hobby farm in ranch country (8.6 acres) of irrigated pasture with various livestock from horses, llama, chickens, goats, and sometimes angus steer. My wife does all the work as I work abroad and we need a new tractor because I am not home to fix up the old Case A430 diesel. It needs hydraulic pump leaks fixed, brakes, steering pump, tie rods and tires at a glance. Mama does not want to fuss with it and labor is stupidly expensive at any equipment shop so it seems. After researching the field we have narrowed it down to the Kioti DS4110 with a FEL. The local dealer just three miles away wants $19,800.00 to seal the deal. The shop 40 miles away with free delivery wants $16,800.00. The local shop got quite an attitude and told me he was shocked and insulted I shopped him, I told him I understood his outrage, I too am shocked at the prospect of a 3K difference. I told him in interest of keeping my business in my community I would meet him half way, he refused. Oh well, guess I'll have to save 3K instead of 1.5K. Now I can buy 1K worth of parts and tool up the 430 at my leisure and put the old horse back in service. That 430 should outlive me anyway. I'll post some orange pictures when I get it. In the meantime, heres the 430.

Attachments

• DSCN0484.JPG
    DSCN0484.JPG
    907.9 KB · Views: 165
   / Buying a DS4110 #2  
Congratulations on the new machine.
Keep us posted on how its working.
I had big price differances between dealers when I was tractor shopping also.

/ Buying a DS4110
Congratulations on the new machine.
Keep us posted on how its working.
I had big price differances between dealers when I was tractor shopping also.

Thanks a lot. I am impressed by your thread post count. You shouldn't be called elite. Savant would be more like it. :laughing:

/ Buying a DS4110 #4  
Shopping his deal means you went to the 40 mile away guy and said can you beat 19,800? Asking for his best price and finding out it it was 16,800 is being a good capitalist.
If anybody should be upset it is the 40 mile away guy since you did shop his price to the local buffoon.
When I bought my Kioti, there was easily 2-3,000 difference between the three dealers I got quotes from.

/ Buying a DS4110
The local guy dissappointed me. My rancher neighbors did not reccomend him, now I know why. I don't mind a guy making a profit, but if he doesn't compete and has the attitude he he demonstrated, he won't keep the business his daddy built anyway. No sense in continuing down that path. Even if he came back with a match, he can keep his blessed tractor, I already found mine. If he doesn't negotiate, he's not a salesman. Might as well call himself a retailer. Oh well, next posts will be about the new tractor, not about the guy that doesn't know how to sell one.

/ Buying a DS4110 #6  
Sounds like you got a really sweet deal. Give us some pictures:thumbsup:

I really like the 4510/4110.