Business cards

/ Business cards #1  

bindian

Tractor
Mahindra 6520 4WD
I am moving forward with being serious about a side excavating and all around construction tractor business. I am trying to decide what photo to use on a business card. Which photo below should it be? Oh yeah........the business name is Big RED Beast Excavators. I'm kinda partial to the one of me sitting on the loader bucket, beside the giant stump.
hugs, Brandi

Attachments

• 1-4-09 Culvert snagged on the first try.jpg
    1-4-09 Culvert snagged on the first try.jpg
    359.9 KB · Views: 367
  • 1-9-09 Mahindra with little turning room.jpg
    1-9-09 Mahindra with little turning room.jpg
    414.4 KB · Views: 325
  • 1-9-09 Mahindra in pond basin.jpg
    1-9-09 Mahindra in pond basin.jpg
    394.5 KB · Views: 316
  • 6-2-12 Grapple First Time in Action.jpg
    6-2-12 Grapple First Time in Action.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 420
  • 8-5-07 Stump .vs Brandi & the Big Red Beast cropped.jpg
    8-5-07 Stump .vs Brandi & the Big Red Beast cropped.jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 442
   / Business cards #2  
I like the 4th one with the grapple.

/ Business cards #3  
I like the last one to. That is a big stump.

/ Business cards #6  
I would go with 5 or 2. Like someone already said the rest are too busy.

/ Business cards #7  
Consider making the photo made into a line drawing for use on a business card A true photo on business card will be too small to be meaningful. Instead, put together a tri-fold brochure and/or website with photos to better show your work and capabilities.

/ Business cards #8  
I like 1 and 4 simply because they are action (work) photos, my concern would be the "type", or print and the ability to read it on a business card with a color photo. I guess you could have the actual info on one side with a Red background, and your photo on the opposite side, in that case I'd go with #5

/ Business cards #9  
Consider making the photo made into a line drawing for use on a business card A true photo on business card will be too small to be meaningful. Instead, put together a tri-fold brochure and/or website with photos to better show your work and capabilities.

I agree with this in general. The size of a photo on a standard sized business card (even if it's the whole card) makes detail imperceptible.

You need a fairly clean, low-detail photo to start with, convert to a line drawing, and then just turn it into a straight-up logo.

Also - putting photos of you or your equipment onto your business card will make them "dated" (you AND your equipment are going to change over time).

You may want to consider getting slightly over-sized cards (just a little taller than the standard size) as it makes them stick out in a pile, and makes them easier to pull out of a pile. It's sort of like "fixing" the drawing by making your entry easier / more likely to be pulled.

/ Business cards
Guess should have explained my long range idea also. The photo card is just a card to get me going while I finalize the design of a card with the attached image of a "beast" by a tractor or without a tractor. The beast will be in RED, but changed up enough to not look like Pete's dragon so I will not get into a trademark infringement suit.

The photo card idea came to me as I was browsing online to find a symbol of a tractor already used on business cards. Some photo cards were turned on end with the photo in the upper half and business name on bottom and details on back. Some photo cards were full card photos with the letters in contrasting color.
hugs, Brandi

Attachments

• Pete's Dragon.jpg
    Pete's Dragon.jpg
    567.8 KB · Views: 619