Building a Green House.

/ Building a Green House. #31  
Very nice, I'm jealous.

/ Building a Green House.
Very nice, I'm jealous.
Thank you, we've been thinking about it now for 4 years. We waited until everything was super expensive before starting. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Spring is trying to come again to the Bear Lake Valley. I figured it was time to get something going on the greenhouse. First, getting access to it. The Robin got in somehow and that is proof that spring is coming..;)

We have the raised beds ordered. (water troughs) We'll get working in earnest once we get them. Of coarse, an automatic water system will also be installed. (by me)

I'm also glad that with the record snowfall we've had the greenhouse and barn are still standing with no damage.(y)

IMG_2326.jpeg
IMG_1574.JPG
IMG_1575.JPG
IMG_1579.JPG
IMG_1581.JPG

/ Building a Green House. #35  
WOW, that's a lot of snow!!!!!

Since I don't know anything about living where it snows, what happens to the snow when it lands on the greenhouse? Does the heat inside the greenhouse melt it so it doesn't build up?

WOW, that's a lot of snow!!!!!

Since I don't know anything about living where it snows, what happens to the snow when it lands on the greenhouse? Does the heat inside the greenhouse melt it so it doesn't build up?
It will build up while it's snowing but slides off soon after.

/ Building a Green House. #37  
Nice job.

What type of translucent panels did you use?

Wife and I are putting together a little plastic covered greenhouse made from a recycled portable car shelter, and were thinking of making the ends solid eventually.

Nice job.

What type of translucent panels did you use?

Wife and I are putting together a little plastic covered greenhouse made from a recycled portable car shelter, and were thinking of making the ends solid eventually.
Thanks,
I don't remember the name of the panels. I'll find out and post later.

/ Building a Green House. #39  
nice Greenhouse. I'd be afraid of the snow sliding off and cracking the side panels.

nice Greenhouse. I'd be afraid of the snow sliding off and cracking the side panels.
The panels are very durable and so far no problems. I would say whatever survived this year is good to go for many years to come.