Bucket Hooks

/ Bucket Hooks #1  

WranglerX

Elite Member
Tractor
MF GC1715
NOTE: This is copy and paste of thread in different forum.. Please don't shoot me!...

This is what I did for bucket hooks...Thought long and hard about adding "bolt on hooks" and just could not seem to make that purchase...

Materials are 2 x 2 x 1/4 steel angle and all bolting materials are 1/2 inch Grade 8... Slots were drilled 5/16 about 1/2 inch from edge of angel (targets for saw work) and hacksaw was employed to cut slots... Angles were also heated and curved over a bit for for better chain retention (I hope)...

Center "eye" is two pieces of angle welded back to back to form inverted "T" and drilled 11/16 for 1/2 inch shackle... Funny part is 1/2 inch shackle has 5/8 pin...

Bucket.jpg Eyes-3.jpg Slots-3.jpg

Since bucket materials is actually thinner than brackets I have no fears in brackets failing, my only concern will be not bending bucket lip....

And if you were wondering spring clip holds tarp in place when tractor parked...

Dale

/ Bucket Hooks #2  
I like the chain slots. I welded large angle iron across about 4 feet of the bucket with 6 or so slots cut in on my previous fel.
Slots are very convenient.

/ Bucket Hooks #3  
Nice job.:thumbsup: Great idea using chain slots, perfect!

/ Bucket Hooks #4  
Very nice

/ Bucket Hooks #5  
Just curious and I really like the work you did,, but why bolt and not weld? just asking.

/ Bucket Hooks #6  
I used Kens bolt on on my GC, the top of the GC bucket is pretty rugged and doesn't need any added stock so the bolt on work just fine.. I have lifted 600 lbs with them and they work great..

/ Bucket Hooks
Just curious and I really like the work you did,, but why bolt and not weld? just asking.

Just seemed the right thing to do, if one fails its easier to replace....

Maybe its a trust issue with my welds at high stress points though I really have not had any fail...

Dale

/ Bucket Hooks #9  
I like the chain slots too. :thumbsup:

No experience with them but I would think they would be easier/more convenient than the bucket hooks I have, since one could come straight at them vs. having to bend the chain 90deg to secure.

/ Bucket Hooks #10  
LOL the title should be “Bucket Slots”, not hooks!

Good job :thumbsup: