Bucket Forks

/ Bucket Forks #1  

JamesB

Tractor
Mahindra 4110
I finished making my bucket forks for my Mahindra 4110. I had an old set of forklift forks that I had to modify somewhat to be tall enough for my purpose. I also bolted the hooks on top of the bucket with a plate on the bottom side also. This was just in case that I needed to remove them for some reason. The shaft through the forks is 1.5". I still have a lift height of better than 8ft. with the forks level. The best part is that I don't have to get off of the tractor to engage or disenage the forks. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 269973-P5200025.jpg
    269973-P5200025.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 1,047
   / Bucket Forks
Here is a different angle. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 269974-P5200030.jpg
    269974-P5200030.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 775
   / Bucket Forks #4  
with this setup have you had problems with the forks catching on the ground (when you try to back out from under a pallet) and rotating upwards on their pivot point?

/ Bucket Forks #5  
I built a set like that for my Ford hoe and sometimes when the cacth it can be agravating, especially trying to load logs with it. They stay nearly level when dumping so i welded a small u shaped hook in the back of the bucket to hook a chain in. the chan has a turn buckle and a 1 inch steel bar that is about five feet wide that sits in the radius where the fork meets its upright. Works good that way.

/ Bucket Forks
Yes they can hang and rotate up sometimes. I have marked my level indicator so that I know when the forks are level on the ground. This seemed to help some. If I were going to use them a lot I would use a ratchet strap form the bottom of the forks around the bucket and to the top bar. But the main reason for this design was to engage and disengage quickly.