Buckee's

/ Buckee's #21  
Heard today that we are going to get a buckee's in the county. About 175 thousand square feet with 200 gas pumps and car charging station. County says it will genrate about a million dallars in food and beverage taxes. I have never been to one but hear that they are almost a vacation point. Looks like it will take about 2 or 3 years to build. Food and beverage stations are said to be oout of this world.

mark
Rockingham County, correct? We're excited about it. We live South of you, in Augusta County.

/ Buckee's #22  
I know they are supost to be building one in Ocala, Fla soon. Not 100% sure of the location, but I think near Sr326 and I75.

/ Buckee's #23  
There is one pretty close to my tractor dealer. My wife and daughters LOVE them for the bathrooms. For those unaware, bathrooms are huge, well stocked, and maintained.

Gas prices vary and are not typically posted. Sometimes, they are among the cheapest, other times not so much.

No 18 wheeler customers allowed.

The convenience store is large and has lots of variety due to its size. Lots of souvenir type things in addition to the typical.

/ Buckee's #24  
Rockingham County, correct? We're excited about it. We live South of you, in Augusta County.
really? I thought one was going in richmond.

/ Buckee's #25  
I did read they had problems with the state if Alabama (I think) about selling gas at a loss. Guess there is a state law preventing that. But they make their money of food, drinks, trinkets, beaver nuggets, ect.

/ Buckee's #26  
IMG_0313.png

/ Buckee's #27  
really? I thought one was going in richmond.
Months ago, it was reported that one would be going up on 64, close to the West Point exit. This past week, local news reported that Rockingham County officials had announced that one would be built at the Bridgewater exit. Fine by me, that's closer.

It's possible that they're going to build at both locations, but it's also possible that they've changed plans. Both sites would produce good traffic/business.

/ Buckee's #28  
Months ago, it was reported that one would be going up on 64, close to the West Point exit. This past week, local news reported that Rockingham County officials had announced that one would be built at the Bridgewater exit. Fine by me, that's closer.

It's possible that they're going to build at both locations, but it's also possible that they've changed plans. Both sites would produce good traffic/business.
One of my co-workers was talking to one of the Buccees senior folks (not a store guy, Corp guy, when they built the one in St Aug) and they want to space them approx a 72 oz big gulp pee away from each other. Basically, they want you to need to finish your drink and need to pee, and boom, your at the next buccees, go to the bathroom, and get more drinks/snacks.

/ Buckee's #29  
One of my co-workers was talking to one of the Buccees senior folks (not a store guy, Corp guy, when they built the one in St Aug) and they want to space them approx a 72 oz big gulp pee away from each other. Basically, they want you to need to finish your drink and need to pee, and boom, your at the next buccees, go to the bathroom, and get more drinks/snacks.
Know your customer details. LOL.

Bladder size and endurance. Marketing and planning at the most basic human level. Scary and funny at the same time.

/ Buckee's #30  
There is one pretty close to my tractor dealer. My wife and daughters LOVE them for the bathrooms. For those unaware, bathrooms are huge, well stocked, and maintained.

Gas prices vary and are not typically posted. Sometimes, they are among the cheapest, other times not so much.

No 18 wheeler customers allowed.

The convenience store is large and has lots of variety due to its size. Lots of souvenir type things in addition to the typical.
Interesting. The one in Florence, SC near me is just off of I-20 and has it's own dedicated entrance. This one has a huge truck fueling location and parking. It is separate from the passenger vehicle lot. I had never noticed about the gas prices not being advertised.

The deal with the bathrooms is each toilet has it's own private room. Utopia. They also have an attendant that constantly cleans. Other than that, the food, store and prices are pretty much a disappointment.