Buckee's

/ Buckee's #1  

mjarrels

Elite Member
Tractor
1949 farmall, 1961 Fordson Dexta, 1986 Duetz Allis, 2001 Kubota.
Heard today that we are going to get a buckee's in the county. About 175 thousand square feet with 200 gas pumps and car charging station. County says it will genrate about a million dallars in food and beverage taxes. I have never been to one but hear that they are almost a vacation point. Looks like it will take about 2 or 3 years to build. Food and beverage stations are said to be oout of this world.

mark

/ Buckee's #2  
They built one in my town. I’m fairly unimpressed. The food is expensive and the crowds are excessive. Whoever managed to promote a glorified Walmart to amusement park status deserves a promotion. But they do stay extremely busy and they do pay a lot of sales tax revenue. I’ve heard to the tune of 100k a month to the city.

/ Buckee's #3  
Like the one I’ve been to in TN. They are building another at I40 gatlinburg exit.

/ Buckee's #5  
We have one in Richmond. Cant really see the fascination with it. Went to see it. Solid line of traffic in and out. This was after it had been open for some time. I prefer a 5 Star.

/ Buckee's #6  
I wouldn't compare them to a Walmart or any kind of department store. However, they do sell trinkets and sandwiches. I'd say they're more like a 7/11 on steroids. As for:

Food and beverage stations are said to be oout of this world.

There are a variety of food stations ranging from BBQ to fudge and premade sandwiches & food trays. I wouldn't describe them as "out of this world" though, but there is a variety.

/ Buckee's #7  
We have one in Richmond. Cant really see the fascination with it. Went to see it. Solid line of traffic in and out. This was after it had been open for some time. I prefer a 5 Star.
I have been to that one quite a few times since it opened last year. Every time I have been there the number of vehicles have increased to the point where it's been backed up on to I-75. I think I would prefer to pay a few cents more at this point. It's just crazy busy and feels so chaotic because they put the bathrooms at the center in the back so you have to go by all their food items they try and get you to purchase.

/ Buckee's #8  
I wouldn't compare them to a Walmart or any kind of department store. However, they do sell trinkets and sandwiches. I'd say they're more like a 7/11 on steroids. As for:

There are a variety of food stations ranging from BBQ to fudge and premade sandwiches & food trays. I wouldn't describe them as "out of this world" though, but there is a variety.
They do have the best beef jerky and many different flavors.

/ Buckee's #9  
   / Buckee's #10  
We happened into one in TN off of 40E last year coming back from Sturgis.

Just ridiculously big, and crazy busy. I'll avoid them in the future if at all possible.