Bought a new trailer

/ Bought a new trailer #12  
I like the jack supports on the rear. Must have hide-away ramps. No need for those 200lb ramps you have to flip up. Good score! (y)

/ Bought a new trailer
I would put brakes on the other axle for sure
That’s doable. But I was told that most people run single axle brakes. I’m going to see how it handles with single axle brakes before doing anything. The brake controller is turned down pretty low when I use my gooseneck stock trailer because the single axle brakes works pretty good.

/ Bought a new trailer
I like the jack supports on the rear. Must have hide-away ramps. No need for those 200lb ramps you have to flip up. Good score! (y)
Yes, hide away ramps that have a nice wide attachment pipe for variable width machines.

Last edited:
   / Bought a new trailer #16  

Hide away ramps free up some deck length but they’re harder on your back than flip ramps ever thought about being. Flip ramps can have spring assist and they aren’t bad at all to flip. There’s no avoiding lifting the whole weight of a hide away. Even if the flip ramp didn’t have springs you’re only lifting 1/2 the weight.

Last edited:
   / Bought a new trailer #17  
Hide away ramps free up some deck length but they’re harder on your back than flip ramps ever thought about being. Flip ramps can have spring assist and they aren’t bad at all to flip. There’s no avoiding lifting the whole weight of a hide away. Even if the flip ramp didn’t have springs you’re only lifting 1/2 the weight.
Always thought I would not like flip up ramps. But I have them on my GN trailer and they are easy to use and extra wide.

/ Bought a new trailer #18  
Always thought I would not like flip up ramps. But I have them on my GN trailer and they are easy to use and extra wide.

I had a GN a few years ago with mega ramps. Aside from being wide they were the best loading angle for a deckover that I’ve had. My current deckover trailer just has regular ramps but they’re spring loaded and aren’t that heavy to fold up. My dump trailer has stow away ramps. A 5ft ramp heavy enough to load a skid steer ain’t light. They suck to put in their holder. My tilt trailer is my favorite option for loading.
IMG_1863.JPG

/ Bought a new trailer #19  
I had a GN a few years ago with mega ramps. Aside from being wide they were the best loading angle for a deckover that I’ve had.

I agree, they are not bad at all.

1216201303.jpg

/ Bought a new trailer #20  
That’s doable. But I was told that most people run single axle brakes. I’m going to see how it handles with single axle brakes before doing anything. The brake controller is turned down pretty low when I use my gooseneck stock trailer because the single axle brakes works pretty good.
First thing I notice about single axle brakes is tire wear. If you are carrying a load large enough that trailer brakes are needed, it's a lot of scuff on those two tires. Second thing is in a panic stop.

Depending on axle/brake size, $600 should add brakes to the second axle.