Bought a new SANY SY50U !

/ Bought a new SANY SY50U !
I'm going to try posting some pics at long last. Been sooo long it's going to be a struggle to get from my Samsung to my laptop, then to the thread; but give me a while to figure out the path...

Below are three pics of the Sany Sy-50U dragging a 40' Hi-Cube one tripper container I recently bought sight unseen to store various implements and mowers etc. from the ridiculous weather conditions we have been experiencing, and to preserve them in general from rust, decay, theft, etc.
Pic# 722 is me dragging the cube backwards toward it's new home, next to my barn.
Did this with a series 70 chain hooked to the bottom corners of the cube. I would let the ex lift off the ground, while using the tilt bucket as close to the ground as possible to prevent a snapped chain from flying at me in the cab, etc.
The weight of the machine gave leverage over the 8500+# cube weight, especially in mostly loose wet gravel.
Middle pic is the cube door end and the track it left while being pulled by the ex, reluctantly complying with my bull-ing the container to where I wanted it.
Pic to far left is me sizing up the fitment of the ex to go into the cube to move implements in/out.
Here's a puzzle: does the midi fit?
That's what I managed to get in the post from 6 pics I had selected from my phone's sd card. I'll post more when I get a better retrieval method going...

BTW, There was a Sany service bulletin about my model having an electrical issue- which my dealer promptly took care of as detailed earlier in the thread. It seems there were some wiring corrections outlined in the bulletin, which included battery replacement, or starter, or alternator replacement, depending on the particular machine, and it's symptoms. Since my dealer replaced the battery and starter and updated part of the harness to/fro, I have had no further issues with my machine in just over 100 clock hours to date.
Would I buy another Sany from my dealer? Absolutely!
And I may consider buying a Kioti skidsteer when my dealer gets his inventory!

Attachments

• 20221023_134810.jpg
    20221023_134810.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 143
  • 20221022_184847.jpg
    20221022_184847.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 147
  • 20221022_184722.jpg
    20221022_184722.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 145
Last edited:
   / Bought a new SANY SY50U ! #44  
Gots to keep those Chinese factories humming along...
I agree but that ship has sailed with a lot of manufacturers rebranding whole machines or major components.
In the larger machines, (imported) many come with a Cummins power plant.
....but I completely get your point.

/ Bought a new SANY SY50U ! #45  
Lots of branded CAT equipment is being built in China today as well. Yes, the ship has sailed, sadly.

Gots to keep those Chinese factories humming along...

I agree but that ship has sailed with a lot of manufacturers rebranding whole machines or major components.
In the larger machines, (imported) many come with a Cummins power plant.
....but I completely get your point.

Lots of branded CAT equipment is being built in China today as well. Yes, the ship has sailed, sadly.
For those who don't look at the facts, Sany, a Chinese company, AND the largest manufacturer of excavators, last I checked, has a huge plant in Georgia, USA, which mates Yanmar engines, Japanese manufacturer, with Bosch, German manufacturer, and numerous other universal components from all parts of the world as known today.
Virtually no manufacturer of excavators makes their machines in the USA, nor most of the machines components.
I bought Sany because it offered the best priced machine with the best warranty and service coverage - bar none.
Let's not turn my thread into a rant about the good ole' times back in the states.
I do my best to buy what is the best bang for each American dollar, and a lot of my $ go to items made here, and elsewhere. See my list of implements, etc. Stihl saws, mostly made in Va. Cub Cadet, USA made. Blind loyalty to US companies/names who can barely compete in the world arena is senseless, IMHO.
Finally, this thread is about my new excavator, and it's performance, capability, and similar issues. It is not about whatever else others want to turn it into.
CM out

/ Bought a new SANY SY50U ! #47  
I don't really care what you buy, it's your money, not mine and I have no use for one anyway.

I don't really care what you buy, it's your money, not mine and I have no use for one anyway.
How magnanimous of you!
So, if you don't care what I buy, why comment on this thread at all?!
Go bother someone else's thread.

Because I can and last time I checked this was a public forum.
Oh yeah, that tired line. BUT it's not meant, nor does it allow harassing other posters just to get your post count up, or because you've got nothing better to do with your time.