Boots

/ Boots #1  

m7040

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, MF 203 industrial, ZD331, RTV 1100 , Kubota Minix excavator, Unimog 404
There has been several discussions here about boots and what are the best boots to buy. Most of the boots recommended do not necessarily fit your foot in the best way but is a way of selling boots with a fit that hopefully can sell them.
One aspect that is not talked about much is the arch under your foot. Having the arch in the sole fit your foot makes for a much more comfortable boot and will distribute the weight evenly under the foot. In my case the arch on the Nick boots fits perfectly resulting in comfortable boots after a long day of walking and standing. Check the below link if you are interested in learning more.
Do I need high arch boots? - Nicks Boots - YouTubehttps://www.youtube.com › watch

/ Boots #2  
The most comfortable boot for me was the Ariat. The best looking boot I have is from Tecovas.

/ Boots #3  
One aspect that is not talked about much is the arch under your foot. Having the arch in the sole fit your foot makes for a much more comfortable boot and will distribute the weight evenly under the foot.
Agree on that, though this will vary by individual and how high your arches are.

/ Boots #5  
See your podiatrist if you have any questions. I have high arches and wide feet. I went for years with pain because my shoes and boots were either the wrong size or not designed for high arches. Similar problems happen for low arched people. Some brands of shoes are considerably better than others at making different models that fit different feet.

This is not just a matter of simple foot pain. Serious conditions like plantar fasciitis and Achilles tendonitis can develop or worsen due to poorly fit shoes. Some footwear can easily accommodate prescription or over the counter orthotics to adjust the arch support to your foot. Another thing that has worked well for me is stretching. From personal experience, I can safely say you don't want plantar fasciitis. It can take a year or more to recover.

/ Boots #6  
I have a custom made pair of boots. Made by Whites. Fit like a fine glove. I seldom wear them - just too darn heavy. In the winter it's mostly Mucks or Sorels. In the summer - Keen.

/ Boots #7  
I can safely say you don't want plantar fasciitis. It can take a year or more to recover.
And I feel lucky I got over a rather severe case in 5 months, most of it on crutches.
I was advised to not rely on footgear with fixed arch support, rather get footgear that you can easily put inserts in. And the good inserts cost almost as much as a 6" boot.

/ Boots #8  
I'm going through a major foot/ankle issue right now and have physical therapy scheduled for later today. I suspect part of my issue is footwear related, so I'm bringing my boots with me. I wear Tony Llama steel toe pull-on's almost exclusively every single day and every waking moment. It'll be interesting to see what the therapist says and if they suggest a footwear change.

/ Boots #9  
I like and wear low cut boot Sketchers makes very comfortable when the gout flares up.

/ Boots
I'm going through a major foot/ankle issue right now and have physical therapy scheduled for later today. I suspect part of my issue is footwear related, so I'm bringing my boots with me. I wear Tony Llama steel toe pull-on's almost exclusively every single day and every waking moment. It'll be interesting to see what the therapist says and if they suggest a footwear change.
Let us know what you find out. Thanks