Bob-Tach stopped working

/ Bob-Tach stopped working #1  

Long Spur Hollow

Tractor
John Deere 4630
Out of the clear blue ... the power Bob-Tach stooped working on my 2018 Toolcat. I had been working it pretty hard in an area with lots of brush and trees. Always concerned about breaking a wire or connection from something popping up through an underside opening.

No fuses are currently blown.

When I manually lifted arms ... they would power closed when the switch was activated, but not open up after that when the opposite side of switch was pushed.

Besides a broke wire - I suspect it could be panel switch ... or directional control valve. Before I delve into this ... thought I would post here to see if there is any obvious things to look for first. Thanks.

Last edited:
   / Bob-Tach stopped working #2  
Switch gets it's power from the display controller then either powers the up or down solenoid. Switch should be easy to test. It also looks like those solenoids should be 4.9 ohms +/-5%.

/ Bob-Tach stopped working #3  
On my G series, the bob-tach valve and solenoids is mounted on the frame below the operator...to the rear of the left front tire. A stick could have pulled a wire off.

/ Bob-Tach stopped working
Broken green wire at control Valve under drivers side... I put jumper on it confirmed it was source of problem. Pretty vulnerable location...as it is totally exposed.
Thanks