BIG BUD 750 HP

/ BIG BUD 750 HP #11  
Re: BİG BUD 750 HP

One of those custom made tires probably costs more than 99% of the tractors owned by most of us in this forum!

/ BIG BUD 750 HP #12  
Last edited:
   / BIG BUD 750 HP #13  

When i lived in big sandy montana, big bud tractors were made up near Havre. I used to see them working in the fields.

/ BIG BUD 750 HP #14  
   / BIG BUD 750 HP #15  

Back then, if the thing ran, it would probably run for some time. Nowadays, that thing could be taken out of action by a bad sensor or software bug. Waiting for techs to show up with their laptops. Then, it would be better to have several smaller tractors still running.

/ BIG BUD 750 HP #17  

Back then, if the thing ran, it would probably run for some time. Nowadays, that thing could be taken out of action by a bad sensor or software bug. Waiting for techs to show up with their laptops. Then, it would be better to have several smaller tractors still running.
but not as cheap to operate on a large farm..

/ BIG BUD 750 HP #18  

This shouldn't be a shock that farm machinery has gotten bigger each year, just like all other industries.. I'm from AG where most of my family is today. But when I was working around mines in the 80's, there average haul truck was in the 200 tons range. While there, I only worked on the puny sized 100 ton ones.... Today they are in the 300 and larger in size. Should we be shocked?

/ BIG BUD 750 HP #19  

This shouldn't be a shock that farm machinery has gotten bigger each year, just like all other industries.. I'm from AG where most of my family is today. But when I was working around mines in the 80's, there average haul truck was in the 200 tons range. While there, I only worked on the puny sized 100 ton ones.... Today they are in the 300 and larger in size. Should we be shocked?
HERE is what they use in mining today.. This Is What A $42,5 Tire Looks Like The 59/8R63 XDR - Business Insider

/ BIG BUD 750 HP #20  

I seriously doubt you, and most other people have used a tractor that large. it's twice as large, and many times heavier than the largest tractor built before it, and it was explained that the implement sizes were many times larger than standard. and it has huge 8 foot tall tires!.. it was only taken out of service because the company that made those tires went out of business, before that, it was used successfully by 2 farms!..

Largest that I have personally driven in the field is 325 HP Steiger. Neighbor has newer 530 HP Case IH (Steiger). Our chisel plow is 27 feet and his is 32 feet. We have trouble pulling ours if the conditions are less than ideal and so does our neighbor. He has frequently commented that at reasonable field speeds you can't effectively tie the power to the ground which is the same issue we have.

Both have duals, wheel weights and or banana weights.

How large of a tractor have you operated on a farm?