Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop
#4,581  
   / Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,582  
I do similar...and check that the gas is off like 15 times while cleaning up...:D
I have a nervous habit of grabbing the valve when I walk by it and prove to myself it is still tight. Even if I haven't used it in weeks. Only took once when I inadvertently drained an almost full large tank of C25. :mad:

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,583  
Thanks for the tip on the Weldcote helmet.

I'm always checking the valves on the bottles too.

#4,584  
This is an idea from TBN member SODO.

He stuck a piece of tape on the tank valve handle to provide a quick visual of the valve in the "closed" position.

I painted mine so that CLOSED is directly in line with the valve stem and flow meter.

IMG_3480.jpg

IMG_3479.jpg

I only ever open the valve a part turn to use.

Attachments

• IMG_3480.jpg
    IMG_3480.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 111
   / Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,585  
I like the paint on the knob idea. I was taught that you should always open your compressed gas valves all the way to seat the valve. Is this a myth? If so, my luck is the paint will line up the same whether open or closed.

#4,586  
I was taught that you should always open your compressed gas valves all the way to seat the valve. Is this a myth? If so, my luck is the paint will line up the same whether open or closed.

This is what I go by:

1. Open all the way to seat the valve as many of us were trained for years.
2. Open part way because new o-ring technology makes the old way unneeded.

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,587  
When we were taught lab practices around gas cylinders, we were told open it all the way then back it off like 1/4 turn. You would not believe the number of times people were wailing on an already open valve trying to "open" the obviously "stuck" valve as it was hard up against the full open stop (and occasionally damaging one). This way, either way you go to move it, you know it is free and open. There were no concerns stated about sealing only in full open, and we could be using some pretty toxic stuff at times, so if they had to be fully open to seal the valve stem, they would have said that...

#4,588  
A clipping from this mornings newspaper showing how HOT the local real estate market is right now.

IMG_3492.jpg

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

WOODEN FENCE POST BUNDLE (A32908)
WOODEN FENCE POST...
1991 CHEVROLET V3500 (A32908)
1991 CHEVROLET...
JCT HYDRAULIC AUGER (SKID STEER MOUNT) (A32908)
JCT HYDRAULIC...
PT 15’...... Batwing Mower (A33526)
PT 15’...
4 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
4 Yard steel end...
8 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
8 Yard steel end...