Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,562  
thank you.jpg

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,563  
Pics/nomenclature or it's a HFT wood lathe and your tools are too. (got lapping wheel? ;) ) Do you ever turn resin, burls, or bowls? I know, custom furniture/accents is fun if you can get the wood for it.

btw, I'm a metal guy like Terry, but I'm a lathe guy too.
Okay... time to photo bomb BB's thread...

IMG_3770.jpeg
IMG_3771.jpeg
IMG_3850.jpeg

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop
#4,564  
Dang, Mark. You ALMOST make me want to do a wood project. LOL

Love the lathe. Show us some projects!

#4,565  
I guess it was time. Today I got flashed using my auto dark welding helmet and realized it needed batteries. And the reason I was using this helmet was because I was too lazy to replace batteries in my other lids.

So today I took the time to replace batteries, inner and outer lenses where necessary and generally clean my helmets.

IMG_3269.jpg

IMG_3268.jpg

DONE! I really don't do a lot of welding so I should be good for another 5 or 6 years.

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,566  
I had a guy tell me you should not store a helmet in a bag. He said they will keep the battery charged if stored in natural light. Is there any truth to that? I keep both of mine in bags.

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,567  
Figured I better add a pic of mine since some may say it depends on the specific helmet in question.

20210428_081057.jpg

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,568  
I had a guy tell me you should not store a helmet in a bag. He said they will keep the battery charged if stored in natural light. Is there any truth to that? I keep both of mine in bags.

I have same question .. as I used to store mine in a cabinet.

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,569  
The solar cell helps extend the battery life but does not actually charge it as that type of battery (typically coin cells) are not really rechargeable. It is more of an in-use battery saver as it feeds off the arc light a bit.

#4,570  
I store mine in my little “machine shop” which is heated, has lots of natural light and is free from grinding dust which permeates my main shop.

IMG_1898.jpg

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

Miller Gold Star 400 SS Direct Current Arc Welding Power Source (A33349)
Miller Gold Star...
2024 Greatbear UNUSED 20 ft. Bi-Parting Iron Gate (A33548)
2024 Greatbear...
Kaddatz Cap (A33041)
Kaddatz Cap (A33041)
Pallet of Welding Rods:  ESAB 9018 3"/32 800# ESAB 9218 1/8" 400#, ESAB 401 (A33349)
Pallet of Welding...
2007 Chevrolet 2500HD (A33526)
2007 Chevrolet...
6 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
6 Yard steel end...