Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #1  

Big Barn

Tractor
More than 40 over the years. Ten at any one time. Mostly Ford and New Holland
I have decided to start my own shop thread rather than unintentionally highjacking other’s.

My plan (partially because I’m lazy) is to to present it in a casual totally unstructured format. This also lets me off the hook if I start to ramble.....

I may highlight a certain aspect of my shop or a tool modification but am more than receptive to comments or questions. Since this is MY thread I will totally welcome highjacks/derails and wherever this leads is fine with me.

Perhaps followers will gain insight or pick up a tip or two from ANYONE who wishes to contribute.

My hope is to have an interestingly informative and hopefully entertaining thread.

And yes, it has my name in the title but this is for ALL you tractor guys :)

Whew. I’ll post a pic or two with captions after my nap.....

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #2  
I am subscribed :thumbsup:.

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop
And the rambling begins......

Okay a brief building history. My current “shop” is part of a conglomerate of farm buildings starting with the original packing shed built in the mid 1950’s for the family farm. As the farm expanded various additions were built to the main building including three cold storage rooms.

My main shop, parts room and back shop are all conjoined and were coolers #1, 2, and 3 in its original life.

Photos displayed in this thread are NOT in chronological order as many different machines and tools have been acquired, retired traded or sold over the years. Consequently layouts may also vary..

Here’s my main shop with a view of the front door from the back of the shop. Three or four years ago.

IMG_0648.jpg

Main shop with wheel loader being serviced and detailed in prep for selling. 2 years ago.

IMG_4727.jpg

Main shop. View from front door. Recent.

IMG_3622.jpg

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop
   / Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #5  
Subscribed. Interesting to see what you do.

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #6  
Re: Big Barn痴 Retirement Farm Shop

Terry... great idea. Of course, I'm in! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I don't think you were exactly the guilty party in highjacking others' threads. More like the rest of us did that once you posted something from your shop in support of the OP!

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #7  
I look forward to seeing and hearing about everyones shops. Friends,family and neighbors really injoy my shop. I know they do because they always say ha,ha,ha,snort,hee,hee,hee,how in **** do you find what you need amoungst that? My grandson like's it because he told me I don't need an alarm since thieves would be afraid to enter for fear of tripping and being killed or injured.

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #8  
And the rambling begins......

Okay a brief building history. My current “shop” is part of a conglomerate of farm buildings starting with the original packing shed built in the mid 1950’s for the family farm. As the farm expanded various additions were built to the main building including three cold storage rooms.

My main shop, parts room and back shop are all conjoined and were coolers #1, 2, and 3 in its original life.

Photos displayed in this thread are NOT in chronological order as many different machines and tools have been acquired, retired traded or sold over the years. Consequently layouts may also vary..

Here’s my main shop with a view of the front door from the back of the shop. Three or four years ago.

View attachment 599123

Main shop with wheel loader being serviced and detailed in prep for selling. 2 years ago.

View attachment 599126

Main shop. View from front door. Recent.

View attachment 599127

I see a problem with YOUR shop!

It should be MY shop !