BEST WORK GlOVES??

/ BEST WORK GlOVES?? #21  
I see, makes sense. This also confirms that there is a giant conspiracy against left handed people.
Why is it that no one makes a left handed chain saw?

/ BEST WORK GlOVES?? #22  
GET ESTWING GLOVES. See my long post below for why.
I live on the wet side of the Cascades in WA. Because of this my gloves often get soaked. So when I know my gloves are gonna get soaked I use gloves that have a leather palm but are otherwise made of stretchy synthetic stuff. After trying several brands I finally decided that ESTWING brand gloves are the best value. They last as long as any other brand available at my local hardware store which has a great selection of work gloves. Even though they have a Velcro closure I hardly ever use it. The closure works very well because it does not come undone easily and stays as tight as I want. Most of the time I don't use it so I cut off the strap on one pair of gloves and leave the strap on another pair. They cost about 1/2 of what the other brands average cost is. I would really like to get a pair of Kevlar gloves just to see how long they would last. I would have bought some already but I have not found any that have a grip surface that resembles the texture of leather, they all seem to be very open. While cut resistant the open weave will let splinters right through. I'm sure somebody makes what I want though, I just hafta find 'em.
Eric

/ BEST WORK GlOVES?? #23  
How much wear and tear will they take?
So far these have taken a lot. No signs of wear at all. I live in the northeast and the winter version is nice too on a cold day. They are cheap too so if they wear out, toss them and buy another pair!

/ BEST WORK GlOVES?? #24  
Wells Lamont for me and I buy them by the bundle and when they get greasy or worn, in the burn pile they go. Nothing lasts forever. Usually go through 3 pair a year.

/ BEST WORK GlOVES?? #25  
I have two types of gloves. Heavy duty leather - to work on my barbed wire fence and do work with the tractor and implements. This includes everything involved with thinning and chipping my pine stands. Leather gloves from Aerostich - Elk skin ropers.

Then the gloves to keep my hands warm. Hyper-tech yuppie "wonder material" gloves. Army leather mittens with wool liners. Eddie Bauer down gloves. None of these will work with the barbed wire fencing nor the tractor work.

Besides - I do very little tractor work and, absolutely, no fence work in the winter.

/ BEST WORK GlOVES?? #26  
John_Mc --- the devil made me do this. Left handed chain saws. None are currently being made because all the left handed trees were cut down years ago. :devilish:

/ BEST WORK GlOVES?? #27  
After destroying my hydra hides doing stone work, these look like better values to me.

5 pair for $8.99

I have some of those but for firewood and brush I prefer these:

The double layer makes them last longer.

/ BEST WORK GlOVES??
   / BEST WORK GlOVES?? #29  
After destroying my hydra hides doing stone work, these look like better values to me.

$2.64 (should take to Walmart link but why it says Robot or human, IDK)

Robot or human?

5 pair for $8.99

Those are the best for working around the farm. Great for working with barbed wire, cutting trees, handling brush, grabbing calves, etc. They actually last a long time. Only issue i have with them is the seams sometimes come apart. Simply get out a needle and use dental floss to sew it back up.

/ BEST WORK GlOVES?? #30  
May seem silly, but I am looking for a glove that won't wear holes after three or four uses. I cut, split and handle firewood at least 3 times per week and I like the gloves that I am using now, but they just don't seem to hold up very long.

I am using hydra hyde with the velcro around the wrist. I like that because I don't get saw dust down in the gloves.

Anyone have a good glove that you get better life out of than I am getting?

Thanks,
I don't think gloves like that exist. Lately I buy rubber dipped gloves like these on sale pack of 10 for $10

They usually last a day or two, when the rubber wears off toss them. Great for greasing equipment.

I like the mechanics style leather gloves but at $20/pair they don't last any longer that the rubber dipped cotton gloves.