Need replacement for Stihl ms241

/ Need replacement for Stihl ms241 #41  
I had to insist my dealer sell me a 241. They really tried hard to sell me a 262. It was a special order it as they didn't stock them. I'm glad I did, it's a sweet saw. I have a MS362CM and MS460 for bigger stuff.

/ Need replacement for Stihl ms241
Ericm, are you saying that a Husqvarna valve will fit on the stihl 241? IDo you have a part number?

/ Need replacement for Stihl ms241 #43  
I'll see if I can find the number.

At this point I'm not convinced that the problem is in the cylinder. It can be in the cases (debris or bearing) or with the parts on either end of the crank.

For your saw I'd suggest removing the clutch and oil pump before pulling the cylinder. It's a lot easier to do with the cylinder on. You can either use a plastic piston stop or a soft rope that you stuff in the plug hole and the piston stops on. Do it with the piston already past the exhaust port so you don't trap the rope in a port. The nut on the crank is usually reverse thread so check it before cranking on it.

I'd also remove the ignition rotor before the cylinder. You're likely to need a puller for that. The service manual will give a Stihl part number for that, but you can find copies on ebay or similar for a lot less than the official part.

/ Need replacement for Stihl ms241 #44  
Have you taken off the starter cover yet and verified that it still does not turn over? Sometimes starter parts get loose and wedge.

/ Need replacement for Stihl ms241
Yes, I have removed the clutch and the flywheel, as well as the muffler, and certainly the side panels, but no improvement. Before going further, I'm letting the husband of one of my employees look at it. He grew up in his father's small engine repair business, and now supervises installation of giant backup generators for buildings like hospitals. Maybe he can figure it out.

In the meantime, I have purchased a lightweight 20" bar for my 261cm. It's for 3/8 pitch chain, (the nose sprocket is), and the dealer had to order in a 3/8 sprocket for the powerhead. (The stock setup is .325.) I'm looking forward to the lighter weight. And while trying to figure out the 241cm, I have put my old 211 back to work. Certainly not as powerful, but comfortably light. It has the EZ Start, which is okay, but also the toolless chain tightener, which is not so lovable.

/ Need replacement for Stihl ms241 #46  
When I bought my 025 the dealer sold me the toolless chain adjuster and installed it for me. I put up with it for years before I remembered that they gave me the original parts with the saw and I knew where they were. I switched it back to the normal adjuster and was much happier. I don't know if you can do the same with the 211 as its a different chassis.