Rotary Cutter Best rotary cutter for the $$$$

/ Best rotary cutter for the $$$$ #31  
Don't have a tractor yet, Most likely going with a Kioti CK 3510 HST. Kinda just trying to get opinions on what rotary cutter to go with when I purchase the tractor. I do have a fair amount of the 1-2" saplings and some briars/brush to clear out initially but after that it should mostly just be mowing the fields and maintaining them. I just don't want to spend a 1000 bucks on something now and a year from now wishing I had spent that extra 500-1000 bucks on a better cutter. My local dealer I know carries land pride and bush hog brand cutters. I am going to pay him a visit soon to drive the tractor again and check out some implements.

I just bought a Woods BB48X for my Kioti CK27. I wanted a 5 ft machine but after looking at my PTO HP and it was only rated for 21 hp. Since i have a HST transmission you lose hp from the engine to turn the pto. So look at what size pto implements you want to use and size tractor pto hp accordingly !

Since i am cutting around trees in the forest i needed a small width cutter....it works just great for what i need to use it for. I may have bought the EA 60 inch extreme duty cutter, but my tractor wouldn't handle it.

/ Best rotary cutter for the $$$$ #32  
What’s with the ”mines bigger than yours” post, it’s still a regular old gearbox. Even if someone felt then need to buy OEM, the most you’d be out is probably around $600 and a little time. That’s absolute worst case scenario, though I’ve never known anyone that actually had to replace a gearbox on a brushhog.

I've replaced the gear box on my Landpride 6 ft rotary cutter three times now. I also use it for clearing land and will cut anything I can drive over. It's a pain in the but to replace, especially when the stump jumper gets busted up too, but it's all doable. This is why I recommend buying a brand that you can get parts for, everything breaks, it's just a matter of how willing you are to break it!! :)

/ Best rotary cutter for the $$$$ #33  
Ok i finally destroyed my 6' Sunshine brush hog by Modern Mfg. One of the bolts on the gear box sheared and broke the steel on the aft side of the deck. I have a wooded area I mow that is pretty rocky and can't see the rocks so it takes a lot of abuse. What would be a good suggestion for a 6' rotary cutter the can take the abuse. Blades are expendable i understand that. I have a Mahindra 485 DI that has 2067 hours on it but still runs good. Any suggestions?