Best of the Koreans

/ Best of the Koreans #21  
Branson is made by Kukje, who also make industrial Cummins Diesels. their 3510 is a very sturdy workhorse and I used one to build my house. (had the Humpolec C50HL loader, not the standard Branson one)
When it was stolen, I didn't have a dealer close enough to me with any stock on hand, so I went shopping and ended up with a TYM-built Mahindra 3510. (same model #, completely different machine) The other nice thing about the Mahindra 3510 is the fact that it's no longer made, so the ones left over are going for VERY good prices. (so is the 4110, if you want a little more HP)
When i was first shopping, before buying my first machine, I also tried Montana on for size, but the seat on the model I tried wasn't comfortable.
I have also looked at the Kioti DK35 and DK40, but as nice as they were, I didn't like the feel of the seat, so I didn't buy one.
Massey 15 series tractors made by Iseki are also nice, but the local dealer couldn't give me a delivery date or projected price. (Challenger compacts are the same machine, only yellow)

/ Best of the Koreans #22  
KIOTI is not a contract tractor. Daedong, the parent company owns 100 percent of KIOTI. It is true that in the beginning, KIOIT was a contract name on the Daedong tractor but Daedong took over NA distribution. LS, maker of Montana and former Farmtrac Compacts, oh yea, and McCormick, (especially since this is a McCormick thread), has made announcement about their direct entry to the US. They indicate they will continue to support Montana and McCormick distributions channels. This may be a Korean business model, as Daedong has entered into an agreement to sell Bobcat tractors.

Heck, John Deere is (or was until very recently) a contract tractor on most compats. CNH buys their compact lines from Japan, as does MF. Its the new world economy, many companies are outsourcing some or all of their manufacturing of just about everything.
In the end, parts availability will depend on demand, regardless of the name on the hood. You can still get parts for a Farmtrac... and even for the majority of the chinese tractors that have been imported by small businesses over the last 10 years.

/ Best of the Koreans #23  
according to my owner's manual, my TYM built Mahindra has a Daedong powerplant as well.

/ Best of the Koreans #24  
I'm aware Kioti makes all there own stuff and that is why I recommended them. Didn't mean to lump them in with the others. Yes Jd had some all Yanmar made compacts in the eighties and they are now having trouble with parts, just go ask some Yanmar dealers who are having customers referred to them by Deere dealers.

I really like Kioti. I like the others I've seen and I'm sure the machines are solid, it's just the brand longevity I question and that will make me steer clear everytime. One trip to the Chinese forum should be enough to steer someone clear of them - all the posts are problems and parts questions.

Enjoy your machine. The OP asked for opinions on the best Korean made machine and my opinion is Kioti, hands down.

/ Best of the Koreans #25  
I really like Kioti. I like the others I've seen and I'm sure the machines are solid, it's just the brand longevity I question and that will make me steer clear everytime. One trip to the Chinese forum should be enough to steer someone clear of them - all the posts are problems and parts questions.

I agree with you after I have looked at Montana, Branson and Kioti this past winter that I am leaning toward Kioti. They all looked very good. I haven't looked at the other Korean tractors to compare. I do plan to upgrade to a new utiliy this year and I am grateful there is such a large selection and many quality tractors out there. I also looked at Deere's economy India built 5000 series and Deere's Mexican economy built 6D series. Also the economy New Holland TD5000 series. They are nice tractors but the fit and finish of a Kioti seems a little nicer. Also Kioti doesn't have an economy version and still is competitive with the main lines economy tractors.

So little time and money and so many tractors!:D

/ Best of the Koreans #26  
just to add a little more info to the thread, i believe somewhere i have read that ls corp the company that makes most of the montanas, and some longs i believe LS is planning on marketing their own brand here in the states. but to set the record straight i do not belive my tractor is the the best tractor on the market but it does the job. i ran my friends bota 3240 and that is one sweet machine but i didn't think i felt like paying the price, so i got what i payed for which works for me.

/ Best of the Koreans
I started this thread about Korean tractors, however, it looks like I am going to get German designed tractor made by Deutz. I think I would have been fine with one of the Koreans as well.

/ Best of the Koreans #28  
i forgot about that brand, looked up their website, nice choice. which model did you get? i'm betting theres lots of other brands available that is not sold in my area. are you going to post some pic's? congratulations on the new addition to the garage.

/ Best of the Koreans #29  
Deutz is a good brand as well - but while you're looking at Euro machines, check out Zetor. They don't do compacts any more (they used to market Century, which was Kukje - so near identical to Branson) but their utility machines have a pretty good reputation.

/ Best of the Koreans #30  
i...i just can get over the engines in the kioti's dae dong i actually looked at a montana with one of these engines in it and refused to buy it for that reason alone i told the dealer to try again. the one i got has the mitsubishi a motor i have seen in hundreds of gensets on boats. but i have to say at least dae dong dosen't have a class action lawsuit against them i guess.

I looked at the Montana 2840 and went with a bigger machine mainly because I was more comfortable with the Mitsubishi name. Later I discovered that John Deere uses the "Ding Dong" engine in many of their models. So even if you buy a 'brand name' it likely comes with a lot of the same components as the 'cheap imports'.