Best 3 trucks you've ever owned.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #11  
1949 Chevy, top speed 40 mph. A good work truck with a dump bed.
1965 Ford F-250
2002 Chevy

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #12  
1992 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4wd , 2 door , Std Transmission, 5 speed ? , straight 6 cyl. Was fantastic safe winter driver, got us thru some extreme risk Canadian winter roads with chains on. Also drove family to Pacific Ocean in summer 1993 and to Atlantic ocean 6 yrs later . Outgrew it in 2004 and sold it with over 100,000 miles and it was still running 6 yrs later......I should of kept it !!!

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #14  
1992 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4wd , 2 door , Std Transmission, 5 speed ? , straight 6 cyl. Was fantastic safe winter driver, got us thru some extreme risk Canadian winter roads with chains on. Also drove family to Pacific Ocean in summer 1993 and to Atlantic ocean 6 yrs later . Outgrew it in 2004 and sold it with over 100,000 miles and it was still running 6 yrs later......I should of kept it !!!
Oh forgot needed top 3 trucks, 1979 Chev halfton short box 350 cu in, std trannie, 4 speed, but bull low 1st gear. And present truck that I will drive till it drops 2014 GMC Sierra 4wd Double cab 5.3 litre.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #15  
2000 Silverado 2500HD extended cab/short bed Vortec 6 liter (couldn't kill it until I did) at around 190K miles
1980 Datsun 4x4 manual transmission regular cab/short bed picked up used in Whitehorse Yukon Territory & drove it 200K miles
2022 Silverado 3500HD crew cab long bed DMax dually -- jury's still out -- lot's I like, some fluff I can do without & thought the 2011 was a "better" truck

Honorable Mention 2011 Silverado 2500HD DMax extended cab/short bed (after solving the NOx sensor/DEF problem early on no problems until a dealership in TX got their hands on it after I hit a deer -- never ran right after that & lots of communication bus problems) 202K

Biggest problem I found with the Chevies (2000 and 2011) is the seat goes soft real quick, & I'm only 165 lbs.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #16  
1. 1988 Toyota Tuck.
2. 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser
3. 2006 Ford f250 Powerstoke with the glorious 6.0. I love the 6.0.
4. 2013 Ford f150 with the ecoboost.

Honorable Mention: 2021 Ford F250 with the powerstoke. Not enough miles to confidently add to best ever owned. But...It's big power.

I have too many vehicles.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #17  
Great thread topic jeff! Do I have to limit to just three? :)

1983 GMC K2500 6.2 diesel 4x4 - Was my first vehicle, my dads' former daily driver and plow rig and generally abused in every way possible. Never reliable, but one of the coolest trucks IMO. Still have it in a field. Someday, a driver resto with Cummins swap.

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 - Was my daily driver, plow truck, tow rig and all around reliable good truck that punched way above its weight.

2003 Ford F450 2wd - My dump truck that I talk about incessantly here on TBN. I love this freaking truck. 6 speed with the last of the 7.3PS. It's fun to drive, and gets work done. It's never let me down, but I've spent some money on it. Well worth it in my opinion. They will have to pry this truck from my cold dead fingers.

Honorable mentions:

1997 F150 4x4 - RCSB with 5 speed stick and V6. Light and fast! Nearly lost my license in this truck. 3rd gear could roll at 20mph all the way to 90mph. If it had the V8, I'd have kept it forever. Bad engine issues though.

2001 F150 4x4 - RCSB with auto and V6. First new vehicle. Reliable daily driver. Would have been great with the 5 speed. I really like the jellybean F150s. Appearance took some time to get used to, but the size was perfect. Big enough to be comfortable and work, small enough to park and drive in the city. Great visibility and very comfortable.

1976 Blazer 4x4 - I was given this truck by a guy that wanted it out of his yard. After sitting for years, I changed the oil, put a battery and gas in it and pulled the spark plugs to juice up the cylinders with some MMO. Fired up and drove it home. That was a fun offroader and had quite a few memorable adventures with buddies with that rig. I gave it away and regret it now, but had no place to keep it. Had to go.

2012 Chevy 2500 -Second new vehicle. Was a great towing rig, reliable as a stone. Too big and thirsty for a daily driver, and too nice to work hard. So it sat around most of the time. Sold last year, and surprisingly I don't really miss it. Maybe that will change.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #18  
I've only owned two trucks.
First was a 98 Dodge 1500 single cab, 4x4, with 5 Speed manual. I had it for 4 years and in that time only had to clean up one of the body grounds and replace the starter. The rust though was cancerous though. I sold it for what I bought it for. Then moved onto the truck I have now. A 2008 Nissan Titan King Cab, long bed with the big tow package. I've only had it for a year, but so far, I've thoroughly enjoyed it. It does everything I ask of it - tow for my business, plow, carry the family and the pull camper. I can hear though, that there is probably a crack in the manifold which is probably the biggest gremlins with this truck. I'll probably just pay an exhaust shop to install some longtube headers and buy the Uprev tuner.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #19  
Have owned 4 pickups, Chevrolet and Ford, they were all decent but my favorite was probably the 1988 Chevrolet S10 fwd with 2.5 liter engine it always got excellent mpg, if it wasn’t for rust I would probably still be driving it.
Last fall I bought a new 2022 Ford F150 fwd with 2.7 liter eco boost engine and 10 speed automatic so far I’m very happy with it and after 7,000 miles according to the computer it’s been averaging 21.4 mpg but figuring it out on paper it’s usually about 1 mpg less.

Last edited:
   / Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #20  
67 IHC Loadstar1700 sold it two years ago
1970 IHC 1200D traded off for first Toyota
81 Toyota pickup fwd smashed in logging accident
87 Toyota pickup fwd burned up, turpentine gloves ignited in sunlight
94 Toyota T100 fwd
94 Toyota T100 2wd
2014 Toyota Tundra fwd
Still have the last three driven daily
1678468811778.jpeg

Last edited: