Battery powered chainsaw

/ Battery powered chainsaw #771  
True but how many aftermarket compatible batteries have you seen that were up to the quality of the OEM ones ?
Point taken, and I'll have to admit I've never bought aftermarket batteries. OEM ones aren't so expensive that I care to experiment, my time is worth more than the cost difference.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #774  
Maybe car batteries should be standardized? :ROFLMAO:
They are. All brands conform to a range of standardized case sizes, capacities, post locations, etc. You can hop from an AC Delco to a DieHard or Interstate of the same case size designator, and know it will work. You are not locked into one brand, as with portable tool batteries.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #775  
They are. All brands conform to a range of standardized case sizes, capacities, post locations, etc. You can hop from an AC Delco to a DieHard or Interstate of the same case size designator, and know it will work. You are not locked into one brand, as with portable tool batteries.
Oh, I didn't know Amazon wasn't flooded with DeWalt and EGo compatible batteries. Amazon is.

All automobiles and tractors should only use Group 24 battery(s). Too many darn sizes! They should standardize!

/ Battery powered chainsaw #776  
I like 24 but sometimes the bigger batts in 78 needed. Most of mine call for them. 2 of 3 matter fact.
I tried to run 24 in all of them. Can tell come winter in cold though.
More CCA and reserve time with 78.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #777  
I like 24 but sometimes the bigger batts in 78 needed. Most of mine call for them. 2 of 3 matter fact.
I tried to run 24 in all of them. Can tell come winter in cold though.
More CCA and reserve time with 78.
Then just use 2 or 3.

We have already established there is too much choice, too much variation.

Or perhaps we have established a need for multiple sized car batteries. And for each power tool brand to have it's own family of batteries?

/ Battery powered chainsaw #778  
Oh, I didn't know Amazon wasn't flooded with DeWalt and EGo compatible batteries. Amazon is.

All automobiles and tractors should only use Group 24 battery(s). Too many darn sizes! They should standardize!
They couldn't do that because of the wide variety of engines and cranking needs. Tool batteries could be standardized based on voltage and AH capacity. Similar to AAA, AA, C, D & 9V are standard physical size.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #779  
They couldn't do that because of the wide variety of engines and cranking needs. Tool batteries could be standardized based on voltage and AH capacity. Similar to AAA, AA, C, D & 9V are standard physical size.
So you are saying what we have now is exactly right. That Dewalt optimizes for their tools. Milwaukee optimizes for their tools, EGo optimizes for theirs, Stil optimizes, etc.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #780  
So you are saying what we have now is exactly right. That Dewalt optimizes for their tools. Milwaukee optimizes for their tools, EGo optimizes for theirs, Stil optimizes, etc.
We sure as heck don't need any government bureaucrat to decide what would be the right choice.