Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,943  
Doesn’t matter if you’re pro EV, pro Tesla, Pro self/assisted driving, or anti-EV, anti-Tesla, or Anti-self/assisted driving…. And we have extremes on both ends here….
This technology is being incorporated into most new vehicles both battery and ICE, and this debate over fault during an accident is being seized as an opportunity by government.
You will have no privacy in future vehicles, battery, or ICE

“National Transportation Safety Board and other investigators show that merely measuring torque on the steering wheel doesn’t ensure that drivers are paying sufficient attention. Experts say night-vision cameras are needed to watch drivers’ eyes to ensure they’re looking at the road.”

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,945  
I've said it so many times here...there's no way Ai or Autopilot, FSD...whatever name would have saved us in different situations. We'd be dead or injured. No way can anything computerized can outsmart a human thinking outside the box.
Anyone familiar with Scully, Flight 1549 belly landing on the Hudson? Look it up. Think Ai could/would do that?
Just like MPGe, FSD is lying to the gullible public. Jimmies sprinkled on ice cream. A 0-60 fast, great stereo sales gimmick.
"Gotta have it!"..."Oh! For it's intended purpose which is emissions and lowering Earth's temperature?"..."No...because I want it, AND the government gives me money back!".
Rant over...now eviscerate.
There are planes which are Unstable which require computer controls as humans can not respond quick enough.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,948  
FSD is a mixed bag. I am 100% sure it will cause some accidents and 100% sure it will prevent some accidents. Both antagonists are correct.
What we do not know, and may not ever know, is the net gain.

It is somewhat like seatbelts. How often to you hear, "If he had been wearing a seatbelt, he would have died"? But the odds are overwhelmingly in favor of using a seatbelt, so we use them.

Gale believes FSD makes him a safer driver. If FSD were to have a hiccup and cause an accident, he will accept the risk was less than if he had not used FSD. He should be allowed to make that choice unless it is proven FSD is more accident prone.

We, or our survivors, have the right to sue Gale and/or Tesla if we believe Gale caused the accident due to FSD. The way Gale uses it seems a good compromise. It helps him, but he is still "at the wheel".

Something like the Robotaxi is different. The Robotaxi will sink Tesla. 10's of thousands of Beta vehicles launched at once have little chance of being successful. A vehicle that shuts down and leaves someone stranded is a PITA, but what if a few people die. The Musk haters will pounce on that. And he knows it!

Musk has a plan he is not sharing. He is not stupid. He knows the Robotaxi is unlikely to work...because nothing he, or God, has created has been perfect. It may be as simple as "buying time" to keep share prices up for whatever is coming next.

Interesting times ahead.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,949  
Not buying that argument. It's never going to reduce the number of vehicles and you made up a ridiculous scenario just to fit your narrative.
Who cares what you or I buy?