Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,932  
The reason I have a Self-Driving car is for my safety and the safety for other people on the road and sidewalks. A self-driving car reduces likelihood of being on an accident already today and they're just getting better.
Is called "FSD (supervised)" for a reason.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,933  
Then don't ride in a Tesla. Even with FSD disabled which could never be done fully. If you're going down the street and a kid running out behind a car or between two-parked cars right in front of you. It will apply the brakes before you know what's going on cuz it works because though he was foot and leg is involved.
There are many vehicles with "predictive braking" and likely many countries where it is now mandatory for all.

Tesla's FSD hardware (included in all recent Teslas) is far more advanced than predictive braking or adaptive cruise control even when one is not a FSD subscriber.

A couple regular roads I drive confuses the base driver assistance, thinks I am about to run off the road to the right and jerks the steering to the left. I learned to hold on to fight it, then in the last update or two it figured out the road was OK.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,935  
I'll make a prediction. Wait a few years and TV ads will be swamped like Camp Lejune & Roundup..."if you were involved in an accident using FSD call us, Dewey Cheatham and Howe. We go after the driver designer...not you!".
Ole Brave One! :)

You are willing to make a prediction in the future about something that has already happened and is established in the court system.

You need to wake up and realize what Elon Musk has already done to help protect the young and the old and those in between from needless injury and death.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,936  
I understand Gale, but the problem is as I see it from a victims standpoint and his/her attorney, and of course I hope it never happens, is they could argue the victim was injured because the Tesla driver wasn't at 100% driving ability therefore was relying on FSD.
The injured could sue you and Tesla, you could sue Tesla as well. If I'm wrong, let me know. If I'm in an accident now I'm sure my driving record and history would be a factor, as well as distractions, alcohol/drugs and any car mechanical problems.
Well you may be brave enough to make the claim at age 72 your driving response time is equal to or better than it was at age 22 but I'm still aware enough to know that is not true for most drawing Social Security in the USA.

Thankful at the age of seven I made the decision never to drink alcohol and now at the age of 73 I have not deviated from that commitment but if one of any age has become insulin resistant or is a full-blown diabetic that can negative impact one's the ability to drive safely as someone that had a couple drinks of alcohol at their favorite watering hole.

Have you never heard of an accident that was caused by the driver passing out behind the wheel going down the road?

With FSD or even simple Auto Pilot engaged I know where I am alert, asleep or dead that my car will be on my side of the road and in control.

Peace of mind may help lower the risk of dementia in seniors.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,937  
So how well does it work in snow? Snow covered roads and the front of the car covered in snow and ice?
Just fine if you have defrosted your windshield before you take off from home, church, school or the movies. If you have FSD do it as soon as the movie credits start rolling unless there was a 4 inch snow while you was watching the movie then give it an extra 5 minutes. In Western Kentucky since global warming has kicked in, I seldom drive in snow but we do have freezing rain.

Right after we got the car we had some freezing rain and sleet one night and the next day when I was coming home and the roads was ice covered with a film of water when I tested it. I stopped on a relative level part of the road and went to wide open throttle all of a sudden and kept the pedal to the metal. The car creeped off without any wheel spin.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,938  
Just fine if you have defrosted your windshield before you take off from home, church, school or the movies. If you have FSD do it as soon as the movie credits start rolling unless there was a 4 inch snow while you was watching the movie then give it an extra 5 minutes. In Western Kentucky since global warming has kicked in, I seldom drive in snow but we do have freezing rain.

Right after we got the car we had some freezing rain and sleet one night and the next day when I was coming home and the roads was ice covered with a film of water when I tested it. I stopped on a relative level part of the road and went to wide open throttle all of a sudden and kept the pedal to the metal. The car creeped off without any wheel spin.
LOL. When did it kick in?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,939  
You have a 24/ 7 vehicle without paying for a driver which is huge when it comes to taxis and things like that.

It can reduce the number of vehicles you have. Say you go to work at 7 :00 which is 20 minutes away and your wife goes to work at 9:00 which is about the same distance. A car could go back and get her or you could just have health issues and when traveling across country you use could use the assistance.

The reason I have a Self-Driving car is for my safety and the safety for other people on the road and sidewalks. A self-driving car reduces likelihood of being on an accident already today and they're just getting better.

To pay for full self-driving car, I delayed signing up for SS until I was 70 so I will have the free cash to pay for a new self-driving car every 3 years and past the old ones down to the family. therefore I need to ensure I don't die in a car accident before I to get beyond SS break even. 🙂
Not buying that argument. It's never going to reduce the number of vehicles and you made up a ridiculous scenario just to fit your narrative.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,940  
I know 3 people that have fallen asleep while driving home from that do shift work at either the fluff mill or steel.

Not sure if they’re lazy or liberal loons but that’s not my concern.
Sounds like they need to go to bed earlier