Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,921  
I've said it so many times here...there's no way Ai or Autopilot, FSD...whatever name would have saved us in different situations. We'd be dead or injured. No way can anything computerized can outsmart a human thinking outside the box.
Anyone familiar with Scully, Flight 1549 belly landing on the Hudson? Look it up. Think Ai could/would do that?
Just like MPGe, FSD is lying to the gullible public. Jimmies sprinkled on ice cream. A 0-60 fast, great stereo sales gimmick.
"Gotta have it!"..."Oh! For it's intended purpose which is emissions and lowering Earth's temperature?"..."No...because I want it, AND the government gives me money back!".
Rant over...now eviscerate.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,922  
I'll make a prediction. Wait a few years and TV ads will be swamped like Camp Lejune & Roundup..."if you were involved in an accident using FSD call us, Dewey Cheatham and Howe. We go after the driver designer...not you!".

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,923  
You have a 24/ 7 vehicle without paying for a driver which is huge when it comes to taxis and things like that.

It can reduce the number of vehicles you have. Say you go to work at 7 :00 which is 20 minutes away and your wife goes to work at 9:00 which is about the same distance. A car could go back and get her or you could just have health issues and when traveling across country you use could use the assistance.

The reason I have a Self-Driving car is for my safety and the safety for other people on the road and sidewalks. A self-driving car reduces likelihood of being on an accident already today and they're just getting better.

To pay for full self-driving car, I delayed signing up for SS until I was 70 so I will have the free cash to pay for a new self-driving car every 3 years and past the old ones down to the family. therefore I need to ensure I don't die in a car accident before I to get beyond SS break even.
I understand Gale, but the problem is as I see it from a victims standpoint and his/her attorney, and of course I hope it never happens, is they could argue the victim was injured because the Tesla driver wasn't at 100% driving ability therefore was relying on FSD.
The injured could sue you and Tesla, you could sue Tesla as well. If I'm wrong, let me know. If I'm in an accident now I'm sure my driving record and history would be a factor, as well as distractions, alcohol/drugs and any car mechanical problems.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,924  
I've said it so many times here...there's no way Ai or Autopilot, FSD...whatever name would have saved us in different situations. We'd be dead or injured. No way can anything computerized can outsmart a human thinking outside the box.
Anyone familiar with Scully, Flight 1549 belly landing on the Hudson? Look it up. Think Ai could/would do that?
Just like MPGe, FSD is lying to the gullible public. Jimmies sprinkled on ice cream. A 0-60 fast, great stereo sales gimmick.
"Gotta have it!"..."Oh! For it's intended purpose which is emissions and lowering Earth's temperature?"..."No...because I want it, AND the government gives me money back!".
Rant over...now eviscerate.
Do you personally remove your safety features like antilock brakes, seat belts or do you get someone else to do that for you?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,925  
I understand Gale, but the problem is as I see it from a victims standpoint and his/her attorney, and of course I hope it never happens, is they could argue the victim was injured because the Tesla driver wasn't at 100% driving ability therefore was relying on FSD.
The injured could sue you and Tesla, you could sue Tesla as well. If I'm wrong, let me know. If I'm in an accident now I'm sure my driving record and history would be a factor, as well as distractions, alcohol/drugs and any car mechanical problems.

Similar was said about cruise control and radios in cars.

With cruise driver not fully engaged and radio being distraction.

I don't know the number of times either have been the center of litigation.

I actually use cruise often because there is a stretch of freeway I travel at 3:30 am each morning and the CHP often just waiting for someone speeding...

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,926  
Do you personally remove your safety features like antilock brakes, seat belts or do you get someone else to do that for you?
Of course I don't remove, but FSD is a quantum leap beyond those. Cruise control I use occasionally, but all of those things hinges on driver ability. FSD means reliance on technology to perform some if not most of the operating tasks...correct?
An accident occurs and who or what is at fault?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,928  
Speaking of Liars and the previous post of a Tesla driver messing with their phone resulting in killing a motorcycle rider...

Case finished with an Australia Tesla driver who Blamed "engaged Autopilot" for severely injuring a person and claiming for 2 years it was the Auto pilot.

The vehicles safety systems warned the driver.
The Auto pilot Was NOT engaged.
The driver Never applied the brakes.
The driver Fled the scene, but returned later.

But…but Tesla bad cuz musk is not woke.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,929  
What is the purpose of self-driving cars (or whatever the liberal loons wanna call them)? The steering wheel is a foot in front of the driver, people really are that lazy that they can't keep their hands on the wheel? What do they plan on doing, taking a nap while the car drives?
I know 3 people that have fallen asleep while driving home from that do shift work at either the fluff mill or steel.

Not sure if they’re lazy or liberal loons but that’s not my concern.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,930  
Of course I don't remove, but FSD is a quantum leap beyond those. Cruise control I use occasionally, but all of those things hinges on driver ability. FSD means reliance on technology to perform some if not most of the operating tasks...correct?
An accident occurs and who or what is at fault?
Then don't ride in a Tesla. Even with FSD disabled which could never be done fully. If you're going down the street and a kid running out behind a car or between two-parked cars right in front of you. It will apply the brakes before you know what's going on cuz it works because though he was foot and leg is involved.

You can address your fear of the unknown by studying and learning how technology works.