Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,961  

Honda is expanding EV manufacturing in China and Canada and other EV news.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,964  

This is report on a model S that the guy bought used in 2016 and he runs down his cost and pros and cons.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,965  
This guy does 1000km in an ocean.

340-375 Watt hour per kilometer - that is thirsty

It was cold outside though.

Do you happen to know what the watt hour average for just hiway cruising in summer ? Most model Ys average about 280- 310 watt hours per mile for a full year averaged

I enjoy Bjorn's video's

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,966  
I have no fear of the unknown. As an electronic technician 43 years I'd rather put my faith in a good experienced driver than an
autonomous vehicle putting faith in sensors, design and software engineering.
In your example of a kid running out with FSD brakes are applied. An experienced driver may choose other options.
Humans don't have 360° vision.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,968  
Humans don't have 360° vision.

Despite seeing everything all the time, I don't have confidence in the system to recognize a potential threat or issue. How will it react if it's struck by a bullet? Will it keep driving towards a hail of gunfire?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,969  
When is your's to be delivered?
They deposited my check yesterday, but i just switched colors. I didn't care for the black interior, so i switched to the one that guy had in his, but sea grass green.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,970  
340-375 Watt hour per kilometer - that is thirsty

It was cold outside though.

Do you happen to know what the watt hour average for just hiway cruising in summer ? Most model Ys average about 280- 310 watt hours per mile for a full year averaged

I enjoy Bjorn's video's
Honestly the range doesn't really bother me, I plan to have it on the charger when not in use, I work from home and sleep at home and rarely travel further than a hundred miles in a single day.

However, that 113wh battery is very appealing considering it can reverse charge, and supply the house in a power outage. That's 3 days of power there.