Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,851  
I was under the impression no one here bought an EV for pollution reasons, it was for the high tech, speed, to impress (?)...CO2 emissions last on list.

We need Gas and oil that Bloomberg article showed up on my phone thought it was somewhat interesting.
my ratio of ICE to EV is 10 to 2 I misquoted by writing pollution.

They forgot paints flooring medical items ag products etc etc.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,852  
This was on YouTube below this one!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,853  
Buying gas does not support dictators. Are you having another bad day Gale?
But Gale's battery metals supports many a world dictator, and with second place EV manufacturer being Chinese ! And China run by a Dictator......hmmm

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,854  
I think that is often the case. I wanted an EV for all the technical reasons but bottom line is being able to gas up in my driveway without using gas while saving cash and not supporting dictators.
Most always you start off fine...then a strange ending. It's like a great phonograph record someone destroyed the center grooves or cucumber & raisin jello for dessert after a good meal.
"while saving cash and not supporting dictators."
An EV purchase and ownership can be easily shown to NOT save money and supporting dictators? What 'tha?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,857  
Blue state Main rejects EV mandates. And the pushback begins. ICE will not go down without a long long fight. Some politicians might loose their job if they refuse to wake up.
Been saying this all along. Virtue Signaling Little Men in government are pushing EV mandates they have no intention of being around to enforce. When time comes whoever is in power will either rescind the mandate or change the goals so as to pretend they had already been met.

Recently "goals" for 2027 were pushed back to 2030.

Maine (note spelling) would be well served by EVs if they have reasonably priced electricity. The ignorant think EVs won't work in rural communities without "charging infrastructure" (gas stations) but when I was growing up most serious farmers had their own gas pump and/or diesel. Today a transfer tank in a pickup truck is virtually mandatory. Not really any different than an L2 connection at home.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,858  
He gave you vehicle 1 traveling 20 miles on 1 gallon, and vehicle 2 traveling 80 miles on 1 gallon.
That’s a combined 100 miles traveled on 2 gallons of fuel, which divided by 2 gallons = 50 miles per gallon.
Pretty simple for an elementary school kid

Statistics can be massaged to give different interpretations of numbers. Any technical person learns this early on in life.

Maybe you should self reflect a bit more before you insult others.
Just a thought….
Thank you for documenting your error. You don't understand the numbers. Both vehicles have to drive the same distance for fuel consumed to be weighed correctly for averaging. This is why you can not average MPG, one has to divide the sum total of fuel consumed into total miles driven.

You drive one vehicle 80 miles which gives greater weight to that vehicle's results. The other only 20 miles. Why not drive the 20 MPG vehicle only 1 mile?

Both vehicles drive together. Stop any time and calculate the MPG based on miles driven (x2) divided by total fuel consumed. You will never get 50 MPG, it will always be 32 MPG. That you can't or won't understand this says everything.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,859  
Most always you start off fine...then a strange ending. It's like a great phonograph record someone destroyed the center grooves or cucumber & raisin jello for dessert after a good meal.
"while saving cash and not supporting dictators."
An EV purchase and ownership can be easily shown to NOT save money and supporting dictators? What 'tha?
If it was easy to do, I think you would have already done it. Keep in mind that I require the hardware that will run Tesla FSD version 12.x

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,860