Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,021  
Amazing. You manage to look left, right, ahead, and behind 100% of the time! Talk about "eyes in the back of one's head!"

Tesla's Autopilot hardware is looking every direction all the time, even if one doesn't subscribe to FSD.
You prove time and again grumpy that you are simply an internet troll. Here's an example from post #17878, look it up. These are YOUR words:
"I've had the FSD demo this month. I don't trust it very far. I keep overriding and then it prompts, "why did you disable FSD?" Well, I thought you were too close on oncoming traffic, having too much trouble finding the lane, accelerate too fast from a traffic light, I wanted to be in the left lane because right lane ends just ahead, I wanted to be in the left lane to leave a bicycle as much room as possible, you tried to use a right-turn-only lane to go straight through an intersection, ..."
So you post how you don't trust FSD, all the various problems it has, how you disable FSD and now reply with:
"Amazing. You manage to look left, right, ahead, and behind 100% of the time! Talk about "eyes in the back of one's head!"
Tesla's Autopilot hardware is looking every direction all the time."
You're arguing back and forth with yourself, as you do with others. My advice would be a good therapist!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,022  
I read that article the other day but didn't quite understand it. Fern is it supposed to be on the market? We know something's going to come along that's better than lithium ion battery power. In the meantime, I'm very pleased with leaf and model Y. My Ankylosis Spondylitis appreciates no oil changes and the gas station model smells.

I was reading up on CATL's new battery and It is going to be used in some Tesla's and some OEMs EV's as well.

I think it will drop EV prices another price notch across the board, and make it possible to be profitable for the OEM's EV's.

Even when OEM's can make money on EV's they will still have the dealer network that is not on board with EV's because they know they will make far less money on service.

Fisker buyers sound like early Tesla buyers.

I do have to say I Like the looks, especially of the test drivers cars interior.

Is it just the recording or is that Fisker quieter than a model Y inside ?
Sure seems like it is....
I also liked the obviously smooth ride the Fisker obviously provides

If people can continue to get the updates and the cars serviced, 38K seems like a great deal.

Locally have noticed a huge uptick in how many EV's are around this year over last.

People are buying them around here, but still the most seen rigs are 4x4 HD trucks, Subaru's, and Jeeps.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,023  
You prove time and again grumpy that you are simply an internet troll. Here's an example from post #17878, look it up. These are YOUR words:
"I've had the FSD demo this month. I don't trust it very far. I keep overriding and then it prompts, "why did you disable FSD?" Well, I thought you were too close on oncoming traffic, having too much trouble finding the lane, accelerate too fast from a traffic light, I wanted to be in the left lane because right lane ends just ahead, I wanted to be in the left lane to leave a bicycle as much room as possible, you tried to use a right-turn-only lane to go straight through an intersection, ..."
So you post how you don't trust FSD, all the various problems it has, how you disable FSD and now reply with:
"Amazing. You manage to look left, right, ahead, and behind 100% of the time! Talk about "eyes in the back of one's head!"
You're arguing back and forth with yourself, as you do with others. My advice would be a good therapist!

In Grumpy's defense, (Tesla owners) are always one update away from 2 steps forward or possibly 2 steps back. But eventually definitely advancing and improving.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,024  
You demonstrate a point I tried to make to Gail: That being, autonomous driving software, and battery vehicles are two totally separate subjects. One is not dependent on the other. Gail likes to mislead people into thinking they are codependent, but they are not.
An Ice engine vehicle can be made to auto- drive, as well as a customer like you, can desire a battery car, but you don’t want self driving
GM Super Cruise is gaining traction. My new 2024 Yukon Denali that is being ordered will have it. Free for the first 3 years and then $25/month. Even works when pulling a trailer, it adjusts the stopping distance. Does not require an Onstar subscription.

Site Maintenance

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,025  
GM Super Cruise is gaining traction. My new 2024 Yukon Denali that is being ordered will have it. Free for the first 3 years and then $25/month. Even works when pulling a trailer, it adjusts the stopping distance. Does not require an Onstar subscription.

Site Maintenance
That sounds like a nice feature. My model y locks out FSD if you got a trailer hooked up. Perhaps if one did not hook up the lighting and use the brake controller it would let FSD work but I don't know. But anyway that's good news. Let us know when you get it.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,026  
when did you drive a Bolt?
Oh.

After GM rebate and Tx EV credit i bought my new 2021 Bolt for $25k in 2022.

Now my high school daughter drives it. It’s a great EV for local driving.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,027  
Amazing. You manage to look left, right, ahead, and behind 100% of the time! Talk about "eyes in the back of one's head!"

Tesla's Autopilot hardware is looking every direction all the time, even if one doesn't subscribe to FSD.

I don’t think he understood the question.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,029  
I'd say I'm sorry you lack the intellect to understand the difference between a driver's aid which is looking 360° full time and FSD.

Plain old Tesla no-FSD beeps at you when the traffic light turns green within 0.1 seconds of the light changing.

You quickly reach the conclusion you desire, then stop thinking.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,030  
That sounds like a nice feature. My model y locks out FSD if you got a trailer hooked up. Perhaps if one did not hook up the lighting and use the brake controller it would let FSD work but I don't know. But anyway that's good news. Let us know when you get it.
You have added a trailer brake controller to your Y?