Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,241  
Taxes and politics I guess.
I am on a shooting forum and there is no love for CA, even from people who live there. There is at least one post a month with someone asking about other places to live that are gun friendly and less liberal.

Folks getting out are cashing in on higher property values in CA and can afford a better place elsewhere. But for some, family ties keep them there and they whine about it.

I used to enjoy going there about 20 years ago when I travelled a lot on business. It is a beautiful state if you get out of the metro areas.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,242  
Rivian stock is up about 24% since they announced the new smaller SUVs a few days ago.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,243  
Hydrogen electric regional aircraft. They did institute emissions standards for aircraft recently, so in the next 10 years, the industry will have to change to keep its current capacity.

I'll be out of the business by then... So God speed to the young aviators.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,244  
I see that GM's battery plant in metro Detroit has had a number of fires concerning Li-Ion battery packs. They need to get their poop together I'd say.

One thing I find interesting and that is, I've never had an issue recharging the Li-Ion battery packs for my cordless tools and I tend to leave them on the charger for long periods of time. I have to presume the chargers have some sort of limiting device inside that cuts the charge when they are fully recharged.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,245  
Rivian stock is up about 24% since they announced the new smaller SUVs a few days ago.
Buying on speculation of what may happen seems iffy for a company that is struggling.

I wonder how many executives are selling stock? Doesn't cost anything to make an "announcement" and reap some stock gains.

Glad I use a fiduciary to manage my stuff.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,246  
Buying on speculation of what may happen seems iffy for a company that is struggling.

I wonder how many executives are selling stock? Doesn't cost anything to make an "announcement" and reap some stock gains.

Glad I use a fiduciary to manage my stuff.
I’m not buying any Rivian stock. Until they figure out how to sell vehicles at a profit, it’s too risky, like you said.
The old “ we’re selling at a loss, but we’ll make it up with volume” joke management saying, can’t be ignored

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,248  
I see that GM's battery plant in metro Detroit has had a number of fires concerning Li-Ion battery packs. They need to get their poop together I'd say.

One thing I find interesting and that is, I've never had an issue recharging the Li-Ion battery packs for my cordless tools and I tend to leave them on the charger for long periods of time. I have to presume the chargers have some sort of limiting device inside that cuts the charge when they are fully recharged.
About 8 years ago, the Kubota dealer just down the highway almost burned to the ground due to a cordless tool battery charger.

As a result, I now keep all my tool battery chargers on a simple twist timer. May never have a problem but at $12, it's cheap insurance.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,249  
Humans have access to air condition. Most, if not all cars do not have air air-condition garages and most sit uncovered in parking lots during the day. Sitting in a car on a hot Texas day is not recommended.
Teslas "air condition" their battery when parked. This is one reason Tesla advises to always plug-in when available.