Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,222  
I read a lot of the complaints, naysaying and doom and gloom about EVs and I think most of those people are missing the fact that just like many other new technologies, EVs are still in what I would refer to as the Alpha stage of development. They are little more than a decade old at this point. To put it in perspective, just how much did IC engines and cars advance in the first couple of decades? Not very much. The same can be said for many things we take for granted in daily life. Advances in battery and motor design will doubtlessly make today's EVs look like model Ts by comparison, so don't get your panties all in a twist and swear it's all an evil government conspiracy to make IC vehicles immediately obsolete and outlawed. IC vehicles are going to be around for a long time, as some applications simply will be difficult to replace IC power with electrical power, like in remote areas where no or insufficient electrical power is available.
So, as I see it, if you want to buy an EV, great, but if you don't then don't and stop condemning, whining and complaining about them unless you have first hand knowledge by having owing one.
It's no different than owning a tractor, only those who own, repair or operate them can provide legitimate criticisms of them. The rest are no more than trolls that love to flap their figurative jowls to get attention. That's why I like the ignore feature on these types of forums, I don't feel my time is worth reading the drivel they post.

End of rant.
The first electric car was built in 1888.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,223  
The first electric car was built in 1888.

Okay, point taken.
I should have said widely available, modern, mass produced, lithium battery powered EVs.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,224  
Makes his opinion his opinion. Just like anyone else’s. Who are you to judge who’s opinion is “valid”?
In reading my response, I don't see any language that states whether or not his opinion is valid or invalid, I simply stated that as is true of any stated opinion, even mine, it is not by default to be considered valid unless supported by the facts.
Of course at this time in history the term "fact" is greatly dependent on differing interpretations of relevant data. I say it's partly sunny, you say it's partly cloudy.

Does that clear it up for you?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,225  
Even if that were true, that doesn't, de facto, make you opinion valid.

Words of wisdom that will be lost on the non EV owners posting drivel

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,226  
"I’m loving my Tesla and knowing the snow flakes tax dollars helped me buy it is icing in the cake."

According to A certain Tesla owner as a tax payer I am a partial owner, that should allow me an opinion.

Doesn’t make you a part owner. And your opinion is pretty much worthless. But thanks for your monetary contribution.

Might want to contribute info about tractors assuming you own one.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,227  
What Happened To Studebaker Automobiles? - SlashGear

Studebaker had an interesting run for over 100 one can read. When I was in grade school one teacher bought a Light blue Studebaker Lark and she drove it for years.

Many OEMs today are 100+ and are struggling in the transition to EVs.

China EV makers are in a bloodbath EV wise today and their pure ICE makers are in a worse position.

Tesla has no long term plans to keep selling cars to retail buyers.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,228  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,229  
Man, you must have a big gas tank on that bike. I've never heard of a bike with a tank big enough to ride 500 miles without stopping for gas. I usually stop and get gas every 150 miles.
Yet another creative uncomprehension reply.

I didn't say what you said I said.

However I have ridden the motorcycle 300 miles on the OE tank. I get an honest 48-52 MPG and tank holds 6.6 gallons.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,230  
In reading my response, I don't see any language that states whether or not his opinion is valid or invalid, I simply stated that as is true of any stated opinion, even mine, it is not by default to be considered valid unless supported by the facts.
He wrongly claimed to be partial owner of Teslas which the rightful owner claimed Federal tax credit.