Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,261  
If you are at work and no plug is available how many miles of range per hour does it take to keep the batteries cool below 95˚, or whatever the batteries maximum threshold temp is, If it is 105˚ outside?

Does "dog mode" keep the ac inside going? That would be a lifesaver if it can be the default for forgetful parents who leave their kids in the car but a killer if it runs out of juice or breaks if used just for that purpose.

My wife and I drive our Y to work each day 42 mile round trip). We charge our Y to 90% every other day and never have issues with losing range while the Y is needing to keep interior cool or cooling battery while at work.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,262  

This is about the EV Lease Loophole on EVs that may not qualify for the regular $7500 EV tax refund.

The video details are specifically for the RAV4 Prime.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,263  
My wife and I drive our Y to work each day 42 mile round trip). We charge our Y to 90% every other day and never have issues with losing range while the Y is needing to keep interior cool or cooling battery while at work.
We had an end of summer pool party at our house last summer, all the cousins and family in attendance. One of our cousins showed up on the patio, without their 3 year old, and when I asked about the absence they explained she was sleeping in the car in our driveway. I mentioned something about the heat, and they said, "no issue, Tesla". He shows me the interior camera on his phone, and then the climate control holding a nice comfortable 73F in the blazing sun.

The little one finished her nap, which had started on the car ride over, and joined the rest of us 30 minutes later. Pretty cool.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,264  
We had an end of summer pool party at our house last summer, all the cousins and family in attendance. One of our cousins showed up on the patio, without their 3 year old, and when I asked about the absence they explained she was sleeping in the car in our driveway. I mentioned something about the heat, and they said, "no issue, Tesla". He shows me the interior camera on his phone, and then the climate control holding a nice comfortable 73F in the blazing sun.

The little one finished her nap, which had started on the car ride over, and joined the rest of us 30 minutes later. Pretty cool.
It can help with refrigerator foods on a hot day when getting home delays pop up.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,265  
Then again since M3P and MYP have beaten 707 HP Track Hawks drag racing that get 11-17 MPG is that really pretty decent as far as performance.
As an added bonus some other MYP owners that did this have dropped their 0-60 down to 3.45 seconds and the quarter mile in 11.65 seconds.
TrackHawk owners report pretty consistent 11.6 second quarter mile times, so I don't think most stock MYP's are going to beat them in the quarter. They both report the same 3.5 second 0-60 times, with the YP likely being faster 0-30 and the TrackHawk faster everywhere else.

A Model 3 Performance owner has approached 5 miles per KWH (198 WH mile) and with the same car and set up run 0-60 in 3.06 seconds and the quarter in 11.24 seconds.
The 707hp sedan compliment to that Trackhawk runs consistent 10.8's in the quarter on drag radials, but the 3P will beat it 0-60 mph.

Not knocking either, they're all amazing cars... I wish I had all four!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,266  
Our grid in many areas could use some government funding without question.
The reason "the grid" may need updates and maintenance is Czars on the Public Service Commission have starved the utility to keep rates down in order to get re-elected.

Am told Huntsville/Madison County is near capacity of the feed it gets from TVA. Has been a lot of growth in the area. For some idiotic reason they are building thousands of apartments, most 4 story or taller where land is relatively cheap.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,267  
I agree with most of what you're saying, but at the same time, taking out power also shuts down our gas stations. Each time my area experiences a weather event that knocks out the power, the gas stations are also closed.
I was without power for 7 days in 2011. The Walmart gas station was online in 3 days with a portable generator. AT&T brought thousands of trailer mounted gensets into the area to power landlines. Cell tower guys did the same, they have a few hours of battery backup but no gensets.

Most had power 25 miles away.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,268  
It is sad that those of us who do not hate EVs are labelled haters when we ask question like you pose.
One get labeled an EV Hater not for asking questions but for stating falsehoods as fact. For using unsubstantiated foregone conclusions to "prove" one's position that EVs are impractical and work for no one. For finding one application an EV is not ideal and then declaring EVs don't work for anyone.

Claiming things such as "mining of cobalt must be done by slave labor under Chinese management." The only reason slave labor is used is that our globalist leaders have gifted an exclusive to China, forbidding the USA from utilizing the reserves we have. We can process cobalt, cleaner than anyone else in the world but are forbidden by the same geniuses who give away money to buy votes.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,269  
That is true, but with ICE and with EV you can usually go down the road 50-100 miles or so and fill-up/charge up. Hopefully you topped off your vehicles before the event. The problems arise when the event is not predictable in advance (wildfire) or precautions, filling-up, are not or can not be taken.
Charge every night (as us EV owners have been saying all along is The Right Thing To Do) and one is ready for the weather.

Pitty the poor ICE driver when weather hits the day before his weekly gas stop.