Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,531  
“A car model launched last year by Chinese automaker BYD sells for around $12,000 in China. The car’s craftsmanship rivals U.S.-made EVs that cost three or four times as much — ”

More tariffs ( consumer tax) coming for China made EV’s and solar

Ironic how EV’s and solar systems are so heavily propagandized as needed to “save the planet “, yet when they could be cheaply imported, and implemented here, all it takes is some unions, to make
The politicians sing a different tune…that corporate Profits are more important than saving the planet.
This of course, would require one to believe in the former..

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,532  
“A car model launched last year by Chinese automaker BYD sells for around $12,000 in China. The car’s craftsmanship rivals U.S.-made EVs that cost three or four times as much — ”

Ironic how EV’s and solar systems are so heavily propagandized as needed to “save the planet “, yet when they could be cheaply imported, and implemented here, all it takes is some unions, to make
The politicians sing a different tune…that corporate Profits are more important than saving the planet.

Could you link to the scientific evidence moving to EVS is going to save the planet? From what I can see if the planet's going to be saved, it's going to save itself.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,534  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,535  

In a March 17 campaign speech, former president ***** vowed “We're going to put a 100 percent tariff on every single car that comes across the line, and you're not going to be able to sell those guys if I get elected.”
Tariffs on China built vehicles are a shared political idea on EV's....
UK has launched an investigation to see if China is subsidizing their EV's (under the table) to unfairly compete with European manufactured vehicles

US and UK should be requiring certain industries to be home market produced at least in part, for national security reasons alone.

Drug manufacturing, semiconductors for sure.

ps. Some say EV's are boring . Ken Block and Hoonigan Racing took the electric AWD down to Mexico and He can drive and the vehicle is no slouch either.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,536  
It was not too long ago, over $400. It’s been in a steady decline for 2 years now with no end in sight .. now $168.
Sorry, but no, it’s not “stuck in a trading range “
Currently as of last year and this year it's stuck in a trading range between 100 and $300. I told the kids to hang on to it until it hits $20,000 a share. Then they can sell if they want to. The underlying factors have became so much positive in the last 90 days. The $25K model will sell like hotcakes in the middle of a depression. I'm not really concerned about the price between now and 2050.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,537  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,538  
Currently as of last year and this year it's stuck in a trading range between 100 and $300. I told the kids to hang on to it until it hits $20,000 a share. Then they can sell if they want to. The underlying factors have became so much positive in the last 90 days. The $25K model will sell like hotcakes in the middle of a depression. I'm not really concerned about the price between now and 2050.
A “trading range” of $100-300 is great if you buy at $100 and sell at $300. There are a few who bought at over $200 who are not willing to wait for it hit $20,000 in 2050.

The Fisker investors are not doing the happy dance either.

The next two years will tell the tale for Tesla. They must make good on their promises or stock will be in a trading range of $25-50.

If there is a new administration this year, all EVs will take a hit.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,540  
I prefer to post articles that show what’s actually happening today by the current administration, not would have/could have been theoretical articles
Anyone with the slightest clue knows the current administration immediately eliminated every and all “undesired” policies at their discretion, of the previous administration.

Today:

“The B**** administration plans to impose major new tariffs on electric vehicles, semiconductors, solar equipment”

“Tariffs on electric vehicles, in particular, could quadruple — from the existing 25% to 100%

Last edited: