Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,551  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,552  
Do you honestly think that after decades of ICE use, people will suddenly stop driving them for fear of fuel tank explosions? My guess is this would have zero effect on the adoption of EVs

I mean, realistically? That seems intellectually dishonest.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,553  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,554  
New car sales in the US rose 5% in Q1. Tesla sales were down about 13% compared to Q1 of 2023. Their EV market share slipped 10% to 51%.

I don't know that anyone is taking a victory lap, or should be, at this juncture. It really seems like a not good year all around.

I don't know that those numbers signal death spiral for anyone. If anything this seems like the year of the hybrid, looking at Toyotas sales numbers.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,555  
I would laugh , like many , when some would prank robotaxis by putting a traffic cone infront and behind it, or pouring a circle of white paint or flour around it,......oops out of service. ............ kablamm !

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,556  
It’s Korean made cars. No surprise.

Wait, how is the stock of Korean car companies performing?
Kablam!
The sound of a robotaxi striking a pedestrian or most anything.
Kablam!
Is the sound a judges gavel makes as a lawsuit is awarded.
2024_05_11_20.00.40.jpg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,557  
Trad...If you weren't so ignorant of EVs you would realize what a complete failure those early EVs were which is why the ICE dominated.
Stop being such an ignoramus!
(Although...I'm on the "ignore list!)
It wasn't until the electric starter and Standard Oil selling standardized gasoline (based on heating oil byproducts, did you know that is the basis for their name?) dirt cheap that the ICE started to take favor.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,560  
Fisker Ocean 1's are now being auctioned ?

Reddit commenter has a copy of the ad posted ,

36 were offered with a reserve of 29K with no minimum bids.
The comments stated several were missing grills, which could have been from the 12 volt battery going dead and needing a jump.

Last edited: