Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,072  
I find it ironic that this thread is in Rural Living when in fact, EVs are a much better fit for urban and suburban areas.

EVs really thrive in stop and go traffic but as I’ve stated numerous times the average daily mileage for most drivers is 40 miles.
My wife and I work at the same place and it’s a 45 mile round trip.

One of the few scenarios where EVs don’t make sense is an apartment dweller that can’t charge at their place in a severe cold climate.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,073  
Formed my opinion on Kia by driving a friend (in my Tesla) many times to/from the Kia dealer for oil changes while listening to him fuss about oil consumption, and then finally one last time to get a new engine.

Now he thinks Kia is The Greatest, because he got a free new engine in a car with 114,000 miles. This past month it needed new TPMS sensors and a rear wheel hub.

Hilarious. That’s almost the same discussion I had with a coworker and the same result.
My wife’s coworker owns a Kia and constantly complains about it “falling apart”.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,074  
That's IF you can find a charging station that actually works. On my patch, half the ones I pass are broken or otherwise out of service.

The problem where I live seems to be the lack of trained service technicians.

Which is why I own a Tesla. No worries about traveling beyond the range.
Although in reality the majority of my charging is at home.
The Bucees on our route to Ft Worth just installed J1772 chargers so charging our GM bolt is no an issue except for longer charging times.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,075  
I thought they fit better in rural areas now that we all have electricity at our homes? Still don't have gasoline or diesel pipelines running to the house.

Awesome reply. You would think at some point the same few EV haters would get tired of being made to look ignorant.

But they keep coming back for more. Thank goodness for the ignore function.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,076  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,077  
EVs really thrive in stop and go traffic but as I’ve stated numerous times the average daily mileage for most drivers is 40 miles.
My wife and I work at the same place and it’s a 45 mile round trip.

One of the few scenarios where EVs don’t make sense is an apartment dweller that can’t charge at their place in a severe cold climate.
Our children don't have apartment charging options but after using our 2015 Prius C for weeks at a time both. are looking to go hybrid next time.

More states are looking into FSD.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,079  
Awesome reply. You would think at some point the same few EV haters would get tired of being made to look ignorant.

But they keep coming back for more. Thank goodness for the ignore function.
Actually the " ignore function" seems to be a common problem with some of the EV worshippers here. They ignore : 1) the short comings of EVs like exaggerated range, cold weather inconsistency. 2) ignore that the main driver of EV is the false premise of C02. 3) they ignore that EVs need to work for long distance drives so " gas station model" charging is a necessity . 4) they ignore the middle class apartment or townhouse dwellers. 5) they ignore the labor and enviro nightmare mining third world resources for battery metals. 6) they ignore the Government mandates pushing the product worldwide.........and Trad ignores the calls for him to stop the name calling and petty childish behavior he exhibits constantly.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,080  
Those are the reasons EV Haters cite. Over and over and over again.

EV owners here simply found the EV to be the best solution to daily needs.
As well as "If politicians are giving away candy, then take it."?
Who's making the candy?